how to sea foam our intake

SoCal600

this is a simple write up on how to induce sea foam into the intake of our engine. get a bottle of sea foam (about 7-9 dollars) find your throttle body syncro vaccum lines. adding sea foam to these vaccum lines are better and safer because it bypasses our intake air temp and MAP sensor inside our air box and going to the throttle body individualy and directly, you will get a better cleaning and better results. now that you have your can of sea foam mix a ratio of one once per gallon of gasoline and add to your gas tank. ( here in TX i use 93 octane, the engine doesnt pull much down low but once it hits about 6k it really pulls more than the lower grade) now start your engine and find your throttle body syncro vaccum lines. pick one and take the plug off at the end ( your idle will elevate ) i used the supplied cap on the sea foam bottle and induced three cap fulls per vaccum line. just hold the line above the cap and it will suck it up. take a 15 second break between cap fulls and kinda blip the throttle. do this to all four lines ( remember to re-install the vaccum line plug before moving to the next one ) then turn the engine off ( turning it off allows the sea foam to "fog" inside the combustion chanber and the throttle bodies. let it sit for a few minutes then start the engine and ride up and down the road, roll on the throttle not too agressive, keep it under 4k for about a minute. then PUNCH IT ! do this a time or two to really clean out the rest of the sea foam and burn up the deposites :) i noticed a better idle, throttle response and a slightly harder pull. the intake induction is a "short" cleaning but the gas tank is a "long" cleaning. i personally do this process about every 3rd oil change or 9k.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

abyss1406

Ive used seafoam in my tank in all my motors. cars and bikes stuff really does do wonders

06330i

seafoam helps remove carbon deposits from valves, intakes, etc. I use it in all my vehicles. My 89 ninja ran like crap when I got it. After a few tanks of gas with seafoam in it, completely different bike. My car has 183,000 on it and I've been running seafoam in it twice a year since 100k, you'd never know my motor has that many miles.