How to make brakes more powerful/stronger?

i3arty

Hi all.
I feel like the braking power on my xj6n is not as strong as it should be, especially the rear brake.

What can it be done to increase the strength of braking power, can i change the caliper from some r6 bike or different bike, do any other bike rear calipers fit xj6n, or maybe just need to get some new brake disc and pads?

Thanks for help !

Just_Jim

Steel-braided brake lines and new HH-rated pads. The easiest (and cheapest) way to get good performance out of your brakes.

The rear brake will never be that impressive as the weight shifts off the rear of the bike when you decelerate/brake. I can tell you from experience that the rear brake on an R6 isn't really much better than the rear brake on your bike. I hardly ever used the rear brake on my R6 - mostly just used it to set the suspension going into a turn on track days or slowing down in stop-and-go traffic.

Remember, the front brake is your best friend.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

i3arty

Thanks guys, makes sense.
I mainly asked because there were few times i went too fast into a bend and the rear brake isn't as strong as i imagined.
But if i press harder it does lock up, i just though it should be more sharper/rougher as in when i press gently it will slow down already. (It's because i remember i changed pads to new one with old disc and for the first day the rear brake was really really sharp, as in i just pressed gently and it brake really fast and without locking, but after day i guess it got aligned with the shape of disc or something and gets back to normal works but not as sharp as that first day)

I think i will take your advice and change my front disc lines to steel, clean the pads and disc and bleed it fresh :D

Thanks !

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

SamC_09

Old post but figured I’d offer: sintered brake pads on my bikes for sure. Better initial bite and better stopping power. Whoa for the go!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member