How to lift rear wheel to install spool adapters?

vkamnev

06330i

Do you have the stock exhaust on your bike? If so in the past I've taken a regular car floor jack and put a block of wood on it and jacked the bike up from the exhaust can. Never has caused an issue with the bike

JSP

Super Moderator
Issue with those, is that you cannot use them to lift the bike and take the wheel off since you need the axle in for them.

Dan McLean

I would buy the stand, you may find it very handy for future jobs, even like oiling the chain or cleaning the rear assembly, repairing a puncture or even general servicing.

vkamnev

Oops. I already got spools stand. Not sure if I want to invest into another one. I know, it's handy but I do service at dealerships and these I need for repair work after crash.

Will try with jack and piece of wood. Thanks!

Gotta call a friend to help now...

FastFreddy

You can use the rear stand ahead of the rear axle bolt.
If it doesn't slide in straight away, lift at the normal point, get the bike level, let the bike lean into you slightly, then move the stand further up the swingarm. Then you can get the axle bolt out, clean and relube, also clean out any crud behind the adjusters etc put the new spools on and put back together. Happy happy.