How To Install MFW Vario Mount + Extension Arm + Pegs

NoDoze

Materials Required:
Head out to twistedthrottle.com and pick yourself up a set. Please give them a call to make sure they have the items you are ordering in stock and if you need it by a certain period so they can coordinate shipping, etc...

• MFW Extension Arms $55.00/set, comes in three different lengths:
    • 23mm Black (MFW.051.00.00.23-8), Silver (MFW.051.00.00.23)
    • 30mm Black (MFW.051.00.00.30-8), Silver (MFW.051.00.00.30)
    • 50mm Silver Only (MFW.051.00.00.50)

• MFW Pegs $40.00/set, comes in three styles:
    • Master Grip, Black (MFW.050.00.03.00-8), Silver (MFW.050.00.03.00-1)
    • Racing, Black (MFW.050.00.01.00-8), Silver (MFW.050.00.01.00-1)
    • Super Grip, Silver (MFW.050.00.04.00-1)

• Two M8-1.25 x 40mm (got them from local ) - because the bolts that come with the mounts are too short. You don't need these if you are going to use the OEM clevis and cotter pin.
  • Blue Locktite (optional)
  • Grease

Tools Required:
  • A couple of pliers
  • 5mm Hex Key
  • 6mm Hex Key
  • 13mm wrench

Directions
  1. Locate the cotter pin under the footpeg mounting bracket. The image below shows what the cotter pin looks like under the pillion footpeg.

2. Straighten the cotter pin holding the clevis in place and pull it straight out.

3. Then pull the clevis out which will remove the footpeg.

4. (Optional) Use a little bit of grease and put some on the Vario mount where it will have contact on the mounting bracket and the holes where the bolt or clevis is to go in.

5. Replace the stock spring onto the Vario mount and insert it into the mounting bracket. This will require a little bit of push because of the spring. Once aligned, slide the bolt or OEM clevis on a downward direction.

• 4b. If you are using the bolt: clean the thread, put blue locktite on the locknut (optional) and then screw it on.
    4c. Use a 13mm wrench to secure the lock nut and the 6mm hex key to tighten.

• Select an angle position to place the Vario extension arm and place it on top of the Vario mount.

• Put locktite (optional) on the countersink screw that came with the Vario extension arm and use the 5mm hex key to screw it in.

• Put locktite (optional) on the bolt that came with the Vario footpeg and slide into the footpeg.

• Screw the bolt into the Vario extension arm and tighten.

• Push the peg up and make sure that it moves freely. If not, check to make sure there's nothing blocking the assembly or that the Vario mount is right side up.

• Repeat the same steps for the other side.

Credits:
Big thanks goes out to everyone at the FZ6R Forums for being such a friendly and helpful community.
Cheers to Ajiribarren for the fitment information on the pegs and to Kevin and the rest of the folks at Twisted Throttle for providing such awesome customer service!

Version 1.0 (Revisions will be noted below)
- Added prices

Last edited:

NoDoze

What is the total cost for this set up?
MFW Vario Footpeg Mount - $55
Vario Extension Arm - $55
MFW Racing Pegs - $40
--------------
Subtotal is $150.00 + Shipping

I made this mod because I needed to compensate for the rear height I lost with the Roaring Toyz Lowering Link.

CDN6R

NoDoze:: I guess I am missing something here (DUH!). How does new foot pegs mounted where the old one were compensate for the lowering kit?.. I see that you have an extention arm, and you foot placement is a bit higher.

Last edited:

NoDoze

I got the extension arm 30mm (1.18") which I angled up. This should allow me more lean angle compared to the height of the stock pegs. :)

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

jon were you ever able to?

Funkmaxtor

I got that same setup for my bike early this summer because I kept hitting the pegs in the corners. I got the 30mm extensions and I have yet to hit the pegs. I am very happy with this setup and would recommend it to anyone.

JonKerr

Elite Member

motoguy82

these things look pretty sweet...great idea by that company. when my pegs' rubber wears out, I'll definitely keep these in mind. figure since they don't fold that they'd be a kind of case protection too, esp. if you have siders.

Heineken

Elite Member