How often do you use the centre stand?

How often do you use the centre stand

• All the time, couldn't live without it

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Just to lube the chain (occasional use)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Never (but I have one)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Don't have one, I just like to click polls

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

adamo3957

Hi Guys,

Got an option to buy a centre stand for cheap, and wondering if it is worth it?

So, How often do you use yours?

I already have a chain oiler so lubing the chain isn't a need for me...

Bert-Aus

It is a valuable accessory especially if you plan to do any long hauls!
From experience having a centre stand for chain lube whilst travelling is a luxury
However it is hard to fit if you have an aftermarket exhaust

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JSP

Super Moderator
I have one on my bandit and I no longer use the side stand at all anymore! I absolutely LOVE a center stand. No need for stands at all anymore. Rear tire is off the ground with the center stand. If you want the front off, just pivot the bike back and either strap it down or put something under the exhaust to keep it up. Have not used a regular stand since getting this bike. Chain maintenance, tire changes, brakes, etc... super simple now. The stand makes the bike much more stable too instead of leaned all the way over.

DragonBlu

I use mine all the time while parked in my garage. I have a front stand adjusted to barely lift the front wheel off the floor also. Both wheels off the floor for checking and servicing, airing tires,cleaning wheels. It makes it handy for me.

Maadi

I don't have one, but would LOVE to get one. (procastinator, that's me)
Buy it if you have the chance!!

Bert-Aus

If anyone wants a genuine Yamaha Centre Stand I have one in my shed.

Will sell to a forum member for $30 (+ shipping, if in US you need to check what prices you can get from Australia post code 5108)

Centre Stand has got all springs, washers, spacer & bolts.
Was used for a year before I got my Marthy Viper -note centre stand does NOT fit with aftermarket exhaust.
PM for me interest
Will get a photo up tomorrow

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Chuck12

2012 bike stand choice?

Gentleman.

I bought a new 2012 FZ6R about two months ago and see now how a stand would be very useful. I am 57 and about 150 lbs. The bike is hard for me to balance to check simple things like oil and antifreeze and just balance the damn thing from tipping it over. Too many times it has almost got away from this old man in the garage.

Any brands, places to buy from and types to buy would be of help. Center, rear I do not want is best or good enough.

I bet you all will said that Harbor Fright:confused: stands rear stands are junk; right.

Yes; I have a lot to learn and I am play catch-up. Took a motorcycle training class a couple of weeks ago and failed. Need more practice with stopping, down shifting into 1st gear and using the back and front brake all at the sometime in order to pass the course. Hope to learn a lot from all of you seasoned riders.

Chuck

Last edited:

adamo3957

Sw motec and Yamaha both make centre stands, these require, a bit of practice to use though as they can be a pain to lift the bike on to.

Rear stands are either universal or designed for "spools" or "bobbins" depending on where you live (spools/bobbins are the same thing). With this bike you need spool adaptors to work with a stand designed for the but are the easiest to use by far,and what I'd recommend for you.

As for brand, there's not much in it, it's a big lever designed to hold a bike... They all do the same job, I have a cheap one, a mate has an expensive one, both do the job fine.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Runragged2

Love it

I use the centre stand for fuel stops and maintenance.
For my wifes bike, we use a paddock stand when doing maintenance, makes chain lube a lot easier.
I bought the paddock stand 20 years ago when i had my only bike with no centre stand.
Please excuse the spelling, we do things differently on this side of the pond.
David