How many of you would do this???

oyamyers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2RjuADjQtk&feature=related]Biker gets his revenge - YouTube[/ame]

roadrat

I've wanted to do it... ;)

oyamyers

Understand, this is not me. I agree with roadrat. I've wanted to, but I'm old enough to know better than to damage others property.

Fizzer6R

umm great, now the drivers mirror won't be able to see anyone else either :(

seriously, the beginning should be shown to all new riders, as it's bound to happen to just about everyone sooner or later. heck it happens sometimes when you're in a car also :rant:

F

FZ6R_Blue

i've had guys i ride with throw bolts at the windshields of cars after the car almost hit a guy in our group at like 75

Sage

I've not done that, but wanted to many times. I have stopped next to them at a light and gave them a nice WTF. Closest revenge I have gotten is when somebody threw some McDonald fries out their window, they hit me in the chest and for the most part stayed in the box, so I promptly caught up and threw them back in their window.

Mr Citrus

I've not done that, but wanted to many times. I have stopped next to them at a light and gave them a nice WTF. Closest revenge I have gotten is when somebody threw some McDonald fries out their window, they hit me in the chest and for the most part stayed in the box, so I promptly caught up and threw them back in their window.
Should've eaten them. Their loss,free fries.

Last edited:

Spunky99

Was that my video you posted?...:rolleyes:

I usually use my magnesium toe sliders along the side of the car, raise the knee and take out the mirror while rolling to a stop and then leave.
It's hard to pull out my knife with gloves on and put a hole in the sidewall of a tire but it can be done. Believe me, I know....don't ask me how.:eek:

This alleged cutoff happened because this guy was riding in the car's blind spot, take credit for your own mistake and learn how to drive so you can see the driver's face in his side mirror so this junk doesn't happen. This might have been avoided if the rider had positioned himself properly in relation to the car.
If the driver looks at you and then does this maneuver then you know he values your life as much as a piece of used chewing gum under the bleachers and avoid him like the plague. When they are stopped at a red light or parked, they are as vulnerable as you were and then it is safe to confront them as above or with a single finger salute or whatever you feel is appropriate.

Waiting until they leave their car is a bit chicken $hit but is also a safe way to get revenge especially if you don't want to get beaten up...LOL
Tossing anything at a moving car is not acceptable because if the driver loses control and hits a pedestrian or rolls over and kills a passenger, you are at fault....

Use a little common sense, proper riding skills and if needed some restraint.

anson650

We all make mistakes when we drive and ride. Breaking off the offenders mirror doesn't make it right, it only escalates the possible violence. I have been cut off more times than I can count, and I have cut off a few bikers because I did not see them in my car/truck mirrors. No, I would not damage the offenders car.
I live in a upstate NY county of less than 200,000 people. It is amazing how small it is, how many times I have heard "yeah, I've seen you around." People are more easily found than you think. Whose revenge is next?
Anson

Bloke

It's retarded. I admit I've raged a bit, few choice hand signals, even followed a cager who almost killed me. Not to damage his car, but to f-bomb him.

Great you've broken his mirror... Next time he definitely won't see you, you smashed his chuffing mirror off.

As for throwing things at car windscreens, your mates are arseholes. Simple as. They're doing 75... and your mates smashing windscreens with bolts, fucking idiots, one can only hope they get their comeuppence soon enough.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Spunky99

We all make mistakes when we drive and ride. Breaking off the offenders mirror doesn't make it right, it only escalates the possible violence. I have been cut off more times than I can count, and I have cut off a few bikers because I did not see them in my car/truck mirrors. No, I would not damage the offenders car.
I live in a upstate NY county of less than 200,000 people. It is amazing how small it is, how many times I have heard "yeah, I've seen you around." People are more easily found than you think. Whose revenge is next?
Anson
That is one of the good things about small town USA. In a large city where a large percentage of the eople treat each other like crap and actually enjoy hurting others, you learn to watch your back.
I had a nutcase flipping off my wife and Daughter because I had an anti_Obama sticker on my truck. Called the police after turning into another road to get away from him after he made threatening gestures. The city is full of violent nutjobs.

RoadTrip

I honestly don't think a lot of drivers understand how vunerable we are and feel on motorcycles, so we get mad at the slightest appearance of inconsideration on their part. I try to just stay out of their way and ride defensively when in traffic, mostly I only ride for recreation out in the boondocks, I really don't like driving with cars, most just don't understand our plight. But, concerning retribution, better to avoid it, Kharma has a way of balancing things, and also I subscribe to the Chinese proverb 'when seeking revenge, make sure and dig two graves'

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Spunky99

When I was in my late teens I rode an 82' CB650 and worked on a construction crew framing residential homes. I used to carry my 24oz framing hammer with me on the bike.

On more than one occasion I dimpled the trunk or hood or fender of offensive vehicles while in motion.

This of coarse was not the proper action to take at the time but I was young, aggressive and generally ill tempered at that stage of my life.

Now (growing long in the tooth as I am) I just chalk up other people's inability to operate a motor vehicle properly to mental retardation and the inability of our individual states to conduct a proper driving examination to weed out morons.

Therefore, as long as I can avoid the "Noids" (lets see who gets that reference) and get home safely everyday, I'm inclined to dismiss the occasional infringement of my space while riding.

The alternative is of coarse very grim as I do CARRY.
When you "carry", you have to raise yourself up to a whole new and much higher set of standards than those that wield magnesium sliders on their boots.
I haven't had to do anything to a cager in over 25 years. No single finger salutes or anything else except to mutter under my breath. I am of course perfectly capable of being a total A-hole but reserve that for those in need of my special services. Just haven't seen the need to use any aggressive tactics in a very long time. I guess when you finally learn where to ride in relation to cagers in traffic the chances for getting cutoff are less and you get noticed and given some space. After racing, I am totally unafraid to be within fractions of an inch with other vehicles so I'm not always feeling like my personal space has been violated. Filtering or splitting lanes also helps with this. Maybe some of the other bikers feel threatened with cagers where it wouldn't even alarm me.
Since I decided to ride 100% of the time with a helmet cam, I ride safer and don't speed as much (in case I have to show the tape as proof in an accident). It helps to ride on a 955cc bike as I was always goosing the 600cc Yamaha and had zero respect for it's power. With the new bike, usually a 1/4 turn of the throttle will take you from 35 to 60 in less than 2 seconds without shifting. That makes getting into proper position relative to the cagers around you a whole lot easier. If I can't look the cagers in the face with their side mounted mirrors, I consider myself in a danger zone (blind spot).

There will never be any program that will teach a cager to look for motorcycles that has any effect IMHO. Being right in the middle of their side mirror when they glance before changing lanes and having an exhaust that is heard sure helps.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Mr Citrus

im still a little confused on the video... did he call 911 or something? wth was that dial pad thing phone looking mobobber?
I think that was his POV microphone(or camera) system

Spunky99

im still a little confused on the video... did he call 911 or something? wth was that dial pad thing phone looking mobobber? i wouldnt do that to anyone.... i mean shit my buddy rear ended me... i didnt get mad or even... i effing fixed his bike! lol

i have gotten pretty mad... but i think if i was goina get revenge id be carrying "watch for motorcycles" stickers and slapping them on peoples cars lol.

and they make us motorcyclist take special tests for our bikes, i think they need to educate cagers a little better in motorcycle awareness and how to watch out for us out there...90% of accidents are not our fault.
Thanks for making a very salient point leprecaun jon.
90% of accidents are not our fault
This is precisely why I video tape with a helmet cam. Cagers claim in almost 100% of the accidents that the motorcyclist was at fault. A bike mounted cam cannot look about as a helmet mounted one can so I helmet mount. When they claim "he came outta nowhere, he was speeding, he made a sudden lane change, he ran a red light" or the many other excuses, I have proof of what happened before, during and after the incident.
Unfortunately no matter how hard they hammer the cagers to watch for motorcycles, unless they make it a major felony to hit one, they won't follow the advice. We are on our own to stay safe.
Imagine a bicyclist on a beach riding path and a kid steps out in front of him. He has brakes and the ability to veer away from the kid. Now change the bicycle to inline racing skates that have no brakes. If you want to survive, you develop skills to make fast direction changes and learn to stop without brakes or you get hurt really bad. The analogy with the inline skater is the same for a motorcyclist on the public roads.