How many miles left is the last fuel line?

jakeaz

i ushually fill up at the 200 mile mark hit 230 once with plenty of fuel to spare

Crocop43

I once went 25 miles when it started blinking....but that's only cause there were no has stations around....but atleast I know it can go 25 on blinking

Bloke

I've gone to 35 miles on blinky, still didn't have too dry a tank though.

I don't subscribe to the whole "never use the last quarter myth" as when you fill the tank up you mix all that crap up into the rest anyway, when riding it swishes around too.

I run it down to well into reserve normally, keeps the fuel in my bike fresh rather than mixing it with a load of older stuff when filling up.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

See red

I go down to 2 lines and thats around 130 miles. It's with the stock sprockets and full luggage, with a marthy windscreen.

motoguy82

Do any of you guys going so far on a tank use a center stand? I know when I fill mine up using the center Stan vs regular side stand I can get quite a bit more fuel into the tank which results in me hitting one bar at about 40 km more on the ODO just because of more fuel in the tank. Next time I'll make a note of the exact difference.

Adroit

Do any of you guys going so far on a tank use a center stand? I know when I fill mine up using the center Stan vs regular side stand I can get quite a bit more fuel into the tank which results in me hitting one bar at about 40 km more on the ODO just because of more fuel in the tank. Next time I'll make a note of the exact difference.

lol hadn't thought of that, next time I fill up I'll put it on the stand first. Only problem is my 140 lbs struggles trying to get the bike on the center stand.. it's usually a tug -> grab front brake -> tug again -> repeat until it's all the way up :(

Bloke

lol hadn't thought of that, next time I fill up I'll put it on the stand first. Only problem is my 140 lbs struggles trying to get the bike on the center stand.. it's usually a tug -> grab front brake -> tug again -> repeat until it's all the way up :(

You're doing it wrong :)

1. Get off bike
2. Place right hand on rear grab handle
3. Place right foot on stand pedal bit
4. Push down lightly with foot and get both feet of stand level contacting the ground.
5. Simultaneously push hard down with your right foot and lift the bike up with your hands.

Should pop up nice and easy.

To get it back down

1. Place right foot on stand pedal bit.
2. Push down initially for stability with your right foot, lift bike up and forward. left hand on bars, right hand on rear grab handle.
3. Pause a second once down to stabilise, kick down sidestand if you want (i always do in stations, slippery floors and stuff)
4. Get on.

As for capacity difference it's about 2.5 litres by my reckoning. I get in 13ish on side stand 15ish on centre and as 17 ish is full it's about right.

Last edited:

rr_double_rr

If you can reach the ground flat footed then you can act as center stand as well. That's what I do most times. Pull up close to the pump, center the wheel, remove key and open tank, and balanced between my legs pump the fuel. Here in the states, averaging 12 dollars a fill up but I don't run it low either, 2 bars and I'm hunting for a station, and can get around 115 to 120 miles on that fill up. Now, I am also not running even close to trying to be fuel efficiently. I'll frequently run a gear low in traffic just to 1) Use every tool I can to make sure they know I'm there and 2) have a little fun on the way to work in the morning. It's no joke here in ATL, crazp people merge on you without looking while talking on cell phones and reading a book while driving. I wish I was making that up.

Adroit

You're doing it wrong :)

1. Get off bike
2. Place right hand on rear grab handle
3. Place right foot on stand pedal bit
4. Push down lightly with foot and get both feet of stand level contacting the ground.
5. Simultaneously push hard down with your right foot and lift the bike up with your hands.

Should pop up nice and easy.

To get it back down

1. Place right foot on stand pedal bit.
2. Push down initially for stability with your right foot, lift bike up and forward. left hand on bars, right hand on rear grab handle.
3. Pause a second once down to stabilise, kick down sidestand if you want (i always do in stations, slippery floors and stuff)
4. Get on.

As for capacity difference it's about 2.5 litres by my reckoning. I get in 13ish on side stand 15ish on centre and as 17 ish is full it's about right.

I'll have to try that tonight xD I have been getting off the bike, use right foot to push the stand down a bit.. make sure it's on both feet.. and then with both hands on the handlebars.. try to pull it up while pushing on the stand foot pedal thing with my right foot. It sounds like you are saying to basically do the same thing, but have left hand on left handlebar grip and right hand grab the rail thing under the passenger seat? Maybe that'll just give me the leverage needed to pull the bike up. I'll let you know :p

Deanohh

I'll have to try that tonight xD I have been getting off the bike, use right foot to push the stand down a bit.. make sure it's on both feet.. and then with both hands on the handlebars.. try to pull it up while pushing on the stand foot pedal thing with my right foot. It sounds like you are saying to basically do the same thing, but have left hand on left handlebar grip and right hand grab the rail thing under the passenger seat? Maybe that'll just give me the leverage needed to pull the bike up. I'll let you know :p
No you don't basically do the same thing. You don't push on the stand foot pedal thing and try to roll the bike rearward up on the stand....you put all your weight down on it and push the pedal down hard, using your right hand on the rear grab handle as leverage. Like you're trying to pull your hand straight up and push your foot straight down apart from each other at the same time. It sounds funny but you don't pull back on the bike at all.... the leverage of the foot pedal "arm" will rock the bike up.

Adroit

No you don't basically do the same thing. You don't push on the stand foot pedal thing and try to roll the bike rearward up on the stand....you put all your weight down on it and push the pedal down hard, using your right hand on the rear grab handle as leverage. Like you're trying to pull your hand straight up and push your foot straight down apart from each other at the same time. It sounds funny but you don't pull back on the bike at all.... the leverage of the foot pedal "arm" will rock the bike up.

hmmmm I'll give it a shot when I get out of class. Just so we're on the same page, the "rear grab handle" is basically the rail thing around the passenger seat right?

Deanohh

Yes that black edge thing is the grab rail which is plenty strong enough. Your hand is around the side of it by your waist. Or you can pull up on the frame under the seat or anywhere you can grab, but you'll be lifting straight up against your foot which will be pushing straight down.

Adroit

That new grip really helped. I still had to pull the bike back a little, but trying to pull the bike more up than back made it significantly easier. I'll toy around with it a bit more tomorrow, but thanks for the advice (sure makes my life a whole lot easier!)

Bloke

Glad it helped! It's a bit of a weird motion but once you get it done a few times it'll seem natural and lots easier than getting it up from the front only.

remember to really push down hard with your foot, makes all the difference. :)