How many miles/hours have you ridden in 1 day?

bmw675

I've done 6 hours on the 6r in one day, with a stop for about 2 hours in the middle.

I just did 4 hours on the 675 a few weeks ago, but that was with a 4 hour break.

romulan

I did 635kms in about 9 and a half hours in one day, all twisting mountain roads lots of rest breaks and almost dropped it in the driveway because my left foot was asleep:canada:

rr_double_rr

6 hours and a hair over 300 miles through the mountains of N.GA. Not much, but I was sore after that one.

I learned a lesson from it, take one aspirin the night before you ride like that, and two more just before you mount up. That keeps it from getting so bad, you still feel it, but it's manageable.

Tmak73

I've only done about 280 miles in 4.5 hours. Worst part was right at the end in some twisty's it had rained and the glare of the sun on the wet road was blinding me through every turn.

bigddy263

ss1000!

I just did the SS1000 on the FZ6R! Battle Creek MI to Nashville TN and back in 19.5 hours! So far I think I am the only one to do it on the 6R. Couldn't find any others on the list. I did see some FZ6's on there. I did it on the stock seat on Oct 1st 2011. It was in the low fourties when I left and when i got back. 3:30 in the morning to 11pm. I have my certification paperwork filled out, the check written and I will be sending it in today.

Jay S.

I just did the SS1000 on the FZ6R! Battle Creek MI to Nashville TN and back in 19.5 hours! So far I think I am the only one to do it on the 6R. Couldn't find any others on the list. I did see some FZ6's on there. I did it on the stock seat on Oct 1st 2011. It was in the low fourties when I left and when i got back. 3:30 in the morning to 11pm. I have my certification paperwork filled out, the check written and I will be sending it in today.
Stud!!! This is the first bike I have ever considered doing an IBA ride on. Now that you have done it I guess I had better man up. :) Congrats on the accomplishment. Any tips or advice? Anything you would have done differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloke

Just over 12, no idea on mileage filled up a good few times through, but that was giving it some beans for the entire period.

Had to fill my coolant up from low to full at the end of the day. I'd boiled a fair bit :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

bigddy263

Stud!!! This is the first bike I have ever considered doing an IBA ride on. Now that you have done it I guess I had better man up. :) Congrats on the accomplishment. Any tips or advice? Anything you would have done differently?

Go on a warmer day! I really couldn't complain at all about the bike, it was wonderful. Just don't expect a fun day, its just a long ride, no twisties, no stopping for pictures, etc... I also took some granola bars and two 5 hour energy drinks in my tail bag. they were a perfect light snack, and I didnt feel too mentally tired until after I got home. I have an OGIO Stealth tail bag, and it was perfect for my needs. I also have the 17t front sprocket from Driven. I imagine the revs would have been worse without it. Definitely avoid rain at all costs, and try to have fun. Good luck and ride safe.

Jay S.

Haha! Thanks for the reply. I've done an 800 mile day on my Vulcan and it took about 15 hours with stops. I'm going to make it happen on the 6R next spring for sure. Maybe later this year is the weather allows. The longest day I have done on the 6R was just short of 600 miles and I could have done more but I was not trying for an IBA cert. :)

bigddy263

Got my IBA Certificate!

Takes a while for all of the approval and certification, but it seems to make the process more legit. I guess since nobody actually works at the iron butt association, its just volunteers, it makes sense. Just glad I got it done! My future long rides will probably be for scenery and riding fun, not just for distance. At least until I can retire. :) Anybody planning for a long ride should at least check out the IBA website. Even if you aren't doing one of their certified rides, they have a really good tips page for distance riding.

Rookasaki

Takes a while for all of the approval and certification, but it seems to make the process more legit. I guess since nobody actually works at the iron butt association, its just volunteers, it makes sense. Just glad I got it done! My future long rides will probably be for scenery and riding fun, not just for distance. At least until I can retire. :) Anybody planning for a long ride should at least check out the IBA website. Even if you aren't doing one of their certified rides, they have a really good tips page for distance riding.
Dude that's awesome! Congrats! :thumbup:

KeysRider3

Congrats! The fact that you did it on a sport bike is even more impressive!!

KeysRider3

A little more than 720 in 13 hours, but it was on a Harley. Between the air temperature, the V-twin, and the asphalt I was cooked, and close to having tremors once I stopped. I limit my long days to 400 or less now!