How many miles/hours have you ridden in 1 day?

jokerX

New rider here, currently on my first real road trip. 687 km (427 mi) in one day. 7 hours. I was pretty saddle sore. Had beautiful weather and rode through some canyons. Great ride, minimal construction delays :steve:. Props to you for 11 hours!

Rookasaki

New rider here, currently on my first real road trip. 687 km (427 mi) in one day. 7 hours. I was pretty saddle sore. Had beautiful weather and rode through some canyons. Great ride, minimal construction delays :steve:. Props to you for 11 hours!
Not going to lie, I was hurting! Probably not to safe being on the road for that long... But I made it. :thumbup:

How long have you been riding?

Fzara2000

probably around 5-6 hours and 200 miles. Some places where we hit traffic. In New Jersey you can find twisties but it requires a bunch of right and left turns everywhere. Hopefully when I come back from Vegas i'll hit up Bear Mountain in NY!

redprodigy35

Fzara2000, I just got back from Bear Mtn. NY. It was a great ride, took a few hours. I'm in NJ, just around the GWB... If you ever wanna ride but, hit me up. I'm down to meet other members and ride out.

Actually it was my longest ride yet... Pretty short all in all though. I think it was 150 miles approx from the George Washington Bridge to Bear Mtn. Bridge and surrounding area, with some (multiple) detours. Took 9W at a rather spirited pace on the way back. Was lucky and some cagers let me do my thing on the twisty's. Well they either backed off on purpose or I spooked em. I know I got at least 2 smiles and nods from the cage drivers at stoplights.

raybob

You guys may hate this, but, since the rook asked:

1524 miles in 24 hours (Bun Burner Gold, Nighthawk 750).

Bob

iSpoolin

About 6 hours, 300ish miles

CrazyCawi

570 miles, 11 hours. All most all twisties! and yes my butt and legs were hurting! :(

I did 571 miles in 10 hours and 58 minutes. It was all twisties. And I wasnt sore. :steve:

ScottM

The longest ride I've taken on the 6R is 310 miles from Pine Island Florida on the west coast to Key West. Because of heavy traffic that weekend in the Keys it took me nearly 7 hours.

Man, my butt was hurting that last hour or so. Many cold pain-killing beers helped after I got there.

But still I think that the FZ6R is a nice little sport tourer.

CrazyCawi

On the first XJ6 i had: 650 miles in around 9 hours from Austria to Ostend, mostly at 85mph on the Autobahn with regular tea breaks.
lol...tea breaks....sounds so different then what Im used to but very unique :thumbup:I bet your tea is alot better then our packet brewed shit here.

Hellgate

About 1000, Denver to Phoenix back when the speed limit was 55. That was a very long day. Maybe 16 to 18 hours in the saddle.

That was on an 81 GS1100EX.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

profi247

About 1000, Denver to Phoenix back when the speed limit was 55. That was a very long day. Maybe 16 to 18 hours in the saddle.

That was on an 81 GS1100EX.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk
I am about to try 1k miles around colorado, any tips?
Here is the ride if someone else wants to join (Iron Butt Certificate): 1000-IN-24

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

a side car and someone else driving lol

See red

You guys may hate this, but, since the rook asked:

1524 miles in 24 hours (Bun Burner Gold, Nighthawk 750).

Bob
lmao!!!! I'm with you brother! 1400 in 24hrs. also a nighthawk mine was a 92, 1600 on a futura, and on this one I have donee about 1100 in 20 hours. by far this bike is the hardesst to do the miles on..... seat, vibes, and range. Fun bike though. I just need to tweak it to my liking to go further

See red

Back when I had a cruizer, 18 hours in the saddle 918 miles.
I did that on a scooter! LOL!!! No shit.... I bought the bike in Vermont, bought it and rode back to chicago with only gas ups in between. In all fairness it was my Aprilia Atlantic 500. But it was a scooter!

A couple of pic.s from the Great River Road. see? scooter... lmao!