How Fast is Aaron Yates on the Track?

Tijeras505

It has been a while since a thread was posted on this forum so I thought I'd put something out here. I watch all motorcycle road racing, AMA Pro, World SBK and Moto GP. We have about one more month until the end of the season - bummer!

I always wondered how fast the riders are actually going at each point of the track. The announcers sometimes mention how fast they may be going on the straightaway or on a particular turn, but not very often.

I came across a video showing Aaron Yates (Michael Jordan Suzuki) doing an AMA Pro test on the Thunderbolt Course at the New Jersey Motorsports Park. I believe this took place 7/21-22 of this year. They had GPS data along with a map of the race track that shows how fast Aaron is taking each part of the course. I thought it was very informative, although, the host of the video is a little hokey.

Thursday Video: How Fast Does Aaron Yates Go At New Jersey Motorsports Park? News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That was pretty cool to be walked through all the speeds on the straights and in the turns.

You're right, the guy doing it was just a little goofy.

Tijeras505

This track didn't seem overly technical so I was surprised he wasn't going faster.

JSP

Super Moderator
He acts like he is talking to a daycare or kindergarten class or something.