How did he not go down?

DocFZ

If I saw a deer run infront of me while I was doin 85, I think I'd sh*t myself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAjJ-g0UDw]YouTube - Motorcycle Hits Deer @ 85 mph | Helmet Cam 6-28-09[/ame]

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

Sage

seemed like he kept his cool and knew was experienced enough to keep it on two wheels along with the momentum probably helped. At least he was in full gear which would have most likely saved his life if the deer did knock him down..

Heineken

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
If you want a real oh $h*t moment... there is a video somewhere of a nasty tank slapper on the race track, guy is up over the bars... on the side of the bike, then continues on his merry way....:eek:

This guy? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGKhkO-SsDk]YouTube - Greatest Motorcycle Save[/ame]

Heineken

Elite Member

Chucker

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure my ride that day would have been over. I don't think I would have had the composure to continue with the group ride. I would have limped my way home to a warm shower and fresh pair of underwear!! :eek:

We had a local doctor die after a deer knocked him of his motorcycle. This happened on the same road that I ride to and from work everyday.

Dr. William Steen Killed in Motorcycle Accident - Local News Story - KTBS Shreveport

DocFZ

Talking about gear, I never seen so many gixxer riders wearing gear at the same gathering before :)))). I guess there's a first for everything :))
HAHAHAHA I didn't even notice that. Surprised they werent in t shirts and cargo shorts. Oh and can't forget the backwards cap with the sunglasses! :tard::tard::tard::tard::tard:

iceman

Talking about gear I actually find out that there is more and more people wearing gear! They finally understand safety before confort!!!

icestorm

lucky it didnt go like this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNO88yqCr5I&feature=related]YouTube - fast crash into deer[/ame]

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

WIyamirider

I imagine that's what my encounter with a deer looked like. I'll never know, because it was 11:30 at night, and there wasn't anyone around when it happened.

Wear your gear folks. The stuff works. I suffered a dislocated shoulder and a broken finger (plus 3 days of being more sore than I though imaginable) after slamming into a deer at 60 mph, somersaulting over the bars and sliding on my back for at least 50 feet. I'd probably be dead if I hadn't been wearing my gear, or I'd have probably wanted to be seeing the amount of damage my gear took.

The good news: I got a shiny new black FZ6 out of the deal.:cool:

Attachments

Sage

This is what almost happened to my Dad and I last summer going down a country road. We were not even going half of what this z4 was going, but thank you performance disk brakes stopping that 1 series quickly. Stupid deer are just so unpredictable...

Driving on the autobahn in Germany at 140mph in his BMW Z4, the driver hit a deer...
The deer disappeared...The driver stopped and wondered where did the deer go.......???

Warning! Partially Graphic!!

Scroll Down....

For all you deer hunters, this is how you pack a 150lb deer into a BMW Z4 convertible....

Attachments

Last edited: