Hot weather gear..??

raven6

So all last week the temps here in Central Texas were in the mid to upper 90's... looks like summer is already here, if this is how it starts off the temps by July and August will be well into triple digits... Away for those riders dealing with these kinds of temps how is your gear (jacket) working at keeping you cool..???

Right now I'm using a textile/mesh combo jacket that gives good air-flow but if I should good down the mesh will be toast.... For those people using leather or full textile hows the air-flow..??? And if you would post what jacket you're using..???

thanks

WenMark

I have a Joe Rocket jacket that can transform winter/summer vice versa. On some hot days it's just palin hot wile standing still, but riding is nice. I have the padding to protect me and it's quite cool.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

porky45

raven6

yeah those are all good options, I already have a mesh jacket.... hopefully someone that is wearing full textile or leather will chime in... in a fall mesh is just going to fall apart, but for cooling its great... plus I ride to work every day and ride the twisties on the week-end so I guess I'm looking for something that I can wear all the time...

love the Joe Rocket but again the majority of the jacket is mesh...

don't think I could pull off the cooling vest for work... being wet I mean, I'd have to change tops once I got there...

porky45

yeah those are all good options, I already have a mesh jacket.... hopefully someone that is wearing full textile or leather will chime in... in a fall mesh is just going to fall apart, but for cooling its great... plus I ride to work every day and ride the twisties on the week-end so I guess I'm looking for something that I can wear all the time...

love the Joe Rocket but again the majority of the jacket is mesh...

don't think I could pull off the cooling vest for work... being wet I mean, I'd have to change tops once I got there...
I hear you on that one. I also have an Alpine stars Octane Leather jacket. I wear this jacket about 98% of the time. It gets up into the 90's out here from time to time and while you're hot while waiting at a light, you're definitely more protected and the trade off to me is worth it. I don't mind a little sweat.

Alpinestars Octane Leather Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Grinch79

I rock the Icon Arc Mesh Stealth jacket. It has some mesh to allow air flow with the leather kind of wrapping the whole jacket together for a little more protection. It's black so even on some of the hot days we had here it's not too bad.

dragoato

I have the Alpinestars Stage Perforated Leather Jacket. I have the same experience as everyone else. It does get hot when stopped in 80+ temp, but it feels good when ridding.

Spunky99