Honda NC700X

Spunky99

There is some competition out there for beginner bikes.
It has a 670cc twin and trellis frame like a Ducati but is more of a sport tourer like the FZ6R. I'd like to see a shootout between the two.

Check out that front caliper....

Motorcycle Beginner - Year 2: 2013 Honda NC700S Review

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

furiousgeorge

The engine has been taken out of a honda scooter so not much chop. The 6r listed as competition because the 6r is too fast to be considered lol

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Basically it's a scooter with commuter bike/adventure bike body panels made from extra parts that Honda had laying around...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BKP

It looks a lot nicer than the FZ6R in appearance alone.
I was thinking just the opposite...

I *do* like the look of the NC700S (not so much the X), however, when I sat on an NC700X at a local dealer, it doesn't seem to give me that same feeling of "empowerment," as the 6R (plus the seat height sucks for those of us with <=30" inseams). But, it's still a *very* cool looking bike.

It's even a bit more upright than the 6R (however, almost identical to my 6R, with 20mm risers). The seat is relatively comfortable, and I like the under seat gas, and storage where the traditional tank would go. It eliminates the need for a tank bag (unless you're connecting dash based power points to powered devices in your tank bag).

Still... would have to ride it to make a determination... I'm thinking 45 horses (on the X) sounds a little light, however, it has some impressive torque ratings at 45ft-lbs (we only have about 38ft-lbs. on the 6R).

danieljardim

I was thinking just the opposite...

I *do* like the look of the NC700S (not so much the X), however, when I sat on an NC700X at a local dealer, it doesn't seem to give me that same feeling of "empowerment," as the 6R (plus the seat height sucks for those of us with <=30" inseams). But, it's still a *very* cool looking bike.

It's even a bit more upright than the 6R (however, almost identical to my 6R, with 20mm risers). The seat is relatively comfortable, and I like the under seat gas, and storage where the traditional tank would go. It eliminates the need for a tank bag (unless you're connecting dash based power points to powered devices in your tank bag).

Still... would have to ride it to make a determination... I'm thinking 45 horses (on the X) sounds a little light, however, it has some impressive torque ratings at 45ft-lbs (we only have about 38ft-lbs. on the 6R).
I agree with the height thing. I'm 6'1'' I think would be a little uncomfortable to ride.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Invader Jim

I considered it. The MPG is very appealing since I ride more often as a commuter than I do as a recreational rider. The seat height and price killed it for me. It is too tall and significantly more expensive than the FZ6R.

Fizzer6R

anyone ride one yet? wonder how the engine is, only thing i've had that might compare was a Ninja500 and hated that engine, vibrated like hell.

keep hearing about NC700X, where are all the NC700XD's, are those models available too?