Honda 599/ FZ6R

dodi

I sold my naked Honda 599 last summer and am regretting not having a sportier bike. ( I have a 1994 Magna 750 Honda presently.) Anyways the Honda is a great bike, but I don't want to buy the same bike again. I have never ridden the FZ6R but I am interested in both riding and possibly owning one. I think it is pretty much like my previous Honda but with some advantages. The Yamaha has fuel injection, a fairing, and seems capable of doing so much more than the Honda. Also the Honda was last imported into Canada and the US in 2006. Has by any chance anyone ridden both bikes that can offer some advice, or if you are familiar with both types of bike I would like some feedback about moving to the Yamaha. In the greater Vancouver area of B.C. there are some leftover 2009's being offered at a great price. I have ridden and owned sportier bikes in the past and I am not looking for a supersport type of bike. I want more of an all rounder, that is both comfortable and fun to ride. Thanks for any input in advance.

fz6rwolf

Sounds for what you want the FZ6R is just the right bike. It's sporty looking and has some get up and go. It's reliable and has pretty good mid and low range torque, throttle and clutch response are very smooth and it's a good all arounder. Course I'm biased but really for the money it's a great ride.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I completely agree! The FZ6R is a great do-all type of bike. It is listed in the same section as the other supersport bikes on the Yamaha website, but it is NOT a supersport. It comes no where near the liter bikes or even the race 600s. This bike is smooth and does just what you tell it to. It handles awesome and will still get up and go when you twist the throttle.

If you are looking for a good all-around bike, this should definitely be at the top of the list. Not to mention the killer deals on the leftover '09s! :thumbup: