Hit and Run Caught on Go Pro

DragonBlu

I meant no disrespect John. It was actually meant as a compliment. I enjoy your comments and I also admire Uno's stand. I might lean more toward his primitive ways. In fact I do, although it's not always been the best way for me.

Spunky99

I meant no disrespect John. It was actually meant as a compliment. I enjoy your comments and I also admire Uno's stand. I might lean more toward his primitive ways. In fact I do, although it's not always been the best way for me.
Never any disrespect taken. We all have our own opinions and mine are no more valuable than anyone else's. I used to be a real challenger. Didn't care if it was 4 on 1 because I was gonna make them pay dearly. I'm lucky to be alive and after serving in the Army during Vietnam I really had no fear. I'm 57 now so I have to look for creative ways that work to completely eliminate physical confrontations. You young guys don't have my experience but you do have strength and power that I don't anymore. I learned that while owning a bar....I don't like to get punched out and there is no such thing as a fair fight. No one wins. Besides the Cops will take everyone in when a fight breaks out so you need to be careful about not getting a criminal record.

I can pull out my little folder, flick it open, tag the sidewall, close it and have it back in my pants in about 3 seconds flat. The driver probably wouldn't even know what happened or see the knife and think the collision damaged his tire.
First, I can afford to pay for the tire...no big deal....
2nd, the driver is stuck, can't drive off but can run. (if the car is stolen he will) and you can't do anything short of chasing him down and I don't recommend that as it is way too dangerous. He might be armed.....lots of crazies carry weapons these days.

The chase is over and you can drive safely to the side of the road and wait out of harm's way. Nice and civilized.....the Police will ask you about the tire and you can say you disabled his car in order to stop him from running again and the video will back your story up. Or you can say you don't know didly squat about what happened to the tire...

I've done the chase when I was younger, crashed and dealt with road rash and the driver never paid a dime or was charged with anything.
I've done the pull him out of the car thing and got tagged and had to deal with that too....no good....and you are now the aggressor and can be charged for Assault and battery and he is the victim.

I wish I had an auto-slap button on my bike for drivers like the one in the video. Push the button and they get slapped silly....LOL...

Even with insurance a lot of drivers won't man up.

i think i would have stayed calm through my foot getting run over, but you try to run away? uh uh, no bleeping way. i would have pulled up beside him at the lights in the video but instead of dude you ran over my foot, itd be more like you try to hit and run me!?!:rant: punch in mouth

joloy133

I've seen lots of these situations go topsy turvy, upside down, etc. Mainly been in the aftermath and followup, fights, shootings, etc. Just remember there is a difference in the real world of what is fair or just, and what is legal. It does not go hand in hand! Many people believe laws should be "just", many are, but another aspect of law is to provide order. Each act will be judged on it's own merit and legality. I've seen it go both ways as many have. Ultimately, you are responsible for your own act and will be judged accordingly........unless you get away clean. (Then it's your conscience, or lack of....)

iSpoolin

I love how the dude actually thought he could get away from an R6 first of all.... haha

but also the fact that he thought it would be okay as long as he said he was sorry.

Detrich

although getting ones foot run over is always a big deal and painful, at the end of the day if the guy was ok and not seriously hurt, then we have to ask to what extent should the driver be punished if, say, he had cooperated and pulled over to begin with...

For example, if a soccer mom unknowingly hits u in the leg or somewhere at the grocery store with a shopping cart, and then walks off, that hurts too I'd imagine. But, should she deserve to be clobbered over the head for it, or be forced to pay $500 for that? lol

Am not justifying what the driver did. He ran away and that was totally wrong.. But, am just questioning the hypothetical bigger picture, which is, say he did pull over, say the guy wasn't hurt, then what?

I think fair sense would be for him to just apologize, pay the damage to the guys boots & bike- if any- and then end of story.

I'm really not a subscriber of all the ambulance chasing mentality that our legal system cultivates...