High-tech helmet w/ GPS, heads-up display, audio, rear view, etc.

latony007

skully is here

well it appears you can start pre ordering your skully helmet starting Monday. i got an email a few weeks ago about beta testing that they were choosing or something and then another today saying beta testing was closed which seems odd timing wise. Anyway it also says you will be able to Pre Order a skully starting on Monday.

#REBELINNOVATION #SKULLYNATION
Tweet
+1
Forward

Hello Tony Ceci

Beta selections are now closed, but we have great news that we want to share with you before anyone else.

You can pre-order what Road & Track calls, "the most anticipated motorcycle helmet ever produced" starting Monday, August 11, 2014.

Watch the Video
Click to add to calendar:

Best Regards,

Marcus Weller, Ph.D.
Chairman & CEO | SKULLY INC.
Skully Systems

P.S. Thank you for your support. Keep an eye on your email and social media for more info and updates from the SKULLY team leading up to the launch this coming Monday.
Share our video and let the world know!

#rebelinnovation #skullynation

Tweet
+1
Forward

jammer

+1 wondering about applying with no idea of price.:iconbeer:

latony007

yeah seems odd you have to sign up to get a chance to pre order it. all without a price. Im assuming they will release the price on Monday when the pre orders start but the way they are going maybe they will ask you to pre order the helmet without telling you the price!

latony007

I guess ill wait and hear on monday i hope.
Funny thing is JT doesnt even have a bike anymore but he will be the first in line for one of these helmets, (shh, dont say anything but he kinda has spending issues :D

j/k They should just make FZ6R site members the first to get the helmet on a group buy !

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

no not really planning on going all out and getting a new gsxr750 or a 1k kawi maybe a ducati ill look at aprilla as well. im hoping to hear of new models coming out soon we are due for a big revamp in most models.

or I could get a little 400 supermoto for now they look pretty fun ill start weeding out options by end of year
i came really close to upgrading to an FZ1 JT i would put that on your list. Awesome blue color. Wish it was full faired instead of half but still a good looking bike.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

danieljardim

no not really planning on going all out and getting a new gsxr750 or a 1k kawi maybe a ducati ill look at aprilla as well. im hoping to hear of new models coming out soon we are due for a big revamp in most models.

or I could get a little 400 supermoto for now they look pretty fun ill start weeding out options by end of year
Just get the diavel and be done with it.

Runragged2

Just remember we critisise drivers for distraction driving.
Best to concentrate on the riding.
David

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

shit if it was a at about 1k maybe but almost 1500 after tax proabably add shipping too. either they will drop it once sales don't go as planned or a competitor will beat their price soon enough
i checked first thing when i got up and it almost put me back to sleep. $1300 and thats a 200 discount?? Now look i dont begrudge them some profit for their great idea but that is ridiculous. I like their goal of $250,000? so they only planned on selling about 165 helmets? There will certainly be many people willing to shell out 1500 for this but once that number of a couple thousand is used up your helmets are goign to start gathering dust on the shelves. Not to mention your giving them 1500 bucks (along with everyone else) that they are going earn interest off for the next year. Also what really irritates me is life saving inventions that are reserved for the rich. You want to gouge and make 500% on a yacht, go for it more power to you. You want to make that on a safety helmet or say spare air (for divers) and i think i would have a hard time sleeping at night.

Does anyone here have the cash and are goign to pre order one of these? I almost considered it if for no other reason than to resell it to some crazy person later but i have a feeling they are not going to be hard to come by and this is simply an attempt by the company to get a cash influx for production.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member