High mileage bikes

Fizzer6R

I forgot what member posted a pic showing i think 30k miles on their FZ6R speedo, tried to search and couldn't find it- anyone know?

thanks for replying - member Roaddawg has 30k+ miles :thumbup:

Last edited:

06330i

I remember seeing this a while back as well....Can't remember who though! On a side note, my buddy just rolled 60,000 on his 2005 Gsxr 750. No valve job done yet either!

Fizzer6R

I remember seeing this a while back as well....Can't remember who though! On a side note, my buddy just rolled 60,000 on his 2005 Gsxr 750. No valve job done yet either!
that's awesome! on occasion i see a certain make model of note and figure it would be an idea to post this so if anyone has questions about a certain bike you could use it as a reference point, and might even be able to contact the owner to ask questions about what maintenance they did in order for them to achieve it. recall there's a couple FZ1's out there with very high miles

i assume most bikes either get trashed or other components brake down first, before the engine really needs major work. makes me wonder why we don't see these almost bullet proof engines end up in other vehicles as "frankenstein projects"

Fizzer6R

2003 BMW K1200LTE - 164K miles

Very nice Titan Silver K1200LTE (Exodus)..This is the fully loaded version of the LT.

BMW Navigator GPS
Heated seats and grips
Grip puppies
BMW alarm
Cruise
Eagle Passenger Armrests
BMW intercom w/ connections for cell phone, FRS radio, CB radio.
CB Included.
AM/FM radio with CD player
Dice electronics Ipod connection allowing handlebar control of your Ipod.
Ducati Designs Headlight assembly ($600 option)
Hyperpro Rising rate shock springs for excellent handling.
Cee Bailey windshield
BMW passenger floorboards
Dauntless Trailer hitch
Recent Tires and battery

Everything works and it is ready to tour..... high mileage but well kept ...164K miles.

$5200 cash..test rides with money in hand.

Ron Kellenbenz

2003 BMW K1200LTE

Skidro

is it "therook" that has high mileage? Was thinking that for some reason.

I have almost 23,000 on mine and it will be 24 months old July 24th.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Roaddawg

60k!! I missed that thread. I just rolled over 30K and I thought that was a lot for an FZ6R. I still have yet to do the valve adjustment or throttle sync, but I've been religious with everything else. And, it's still running great!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

RooKie

Yeah, rookie has beat me by a bit, but if I understood, I should catch him as he no longer commutes 100 something miles any more... I should be at 44k this weekend
True... I went from commuting 150mi/day to 44mi/day. So happy I don't have to spend as much money on maintenance or worry about exploding the engine (not literally) with all the abuse, haha :D

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

RooKie

commuting is not the best riding out there, it is truly just wear and tear, plus the battle with others who are commuting...

I'd much rather have a 5 mile commute so I could spend more time with the family and/or riding instead of sitting idle, in traffic, for anywhere from 40 minutes to over an hour.
Exactly! Specially in 108 degree weather.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

RooKie

Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I'm getting used to 105+ degree days; it doesn't seem all that hot to me. The problem is... anytime the temp gets below 70, I'm cold.

Have any other of you "Desert Dwellers" experienced this??
Haha... the heat isn't that bad as long as I'm moving, but when I slow down I can start to feel my pants stick to my legs and it becomes irritating. As for the cold... went to Cali a couple weeks ago and they had a high of 80 degrees... I wore a sweatshirt the entire time while my family was complaining about how hot it felt, lol. The desert does this to ya.