Hi From England

rruelement

yeah i put R6 headers and a micron GP on my first XJ6 (still got all the bits in my shed) and ran without lambda with no problems.

I personally think, it just runs like the the FZ6R (which has no lambda as standard) if the ECU does not recieve a signal. Never put a check light on which says it all.
out of curiosity did u put two dents in the pipes or bend them? cus im guna try denting it slightly cus bending it look very involved lol and just realised ur from bristol im from bath way lol not far haha

Last edited:

pilninggas

out of curiosity did u put two dents in the pipes or bend them? cus im guna try denting it slightly cus bending it look very involved lol and just realised ur from bristol im from bath way lol not far haha
couple of dents to give 4/5mm clearance between the sump and the exhaust.

Are you on wiltshirebikers? where in Bath are you? I'm in south bristol; by airport road.

stormbringer

OK,I'll give the uk importers a call .
Photos of the whole bike which has now clocked up nearly 9.5k after the trip to Paris yesterday

CDN6R

Very nice lookin bike you have there. Looks like you changed the brake lines to Stainless Steel. The rear hugger,,is that a Yamaha XJ6 product? Laurie

stormbringer

Hi , Thanks Laurie . Goodridge Lines ,they realy make the brakes a lot sharper,also stainless banjos and bolts.Hel also do lines.
The Huger is the official Yamaha Item,a bit expensive but (IMO) the best one compared to Pyramid or Skidmarx.
John

stormbringer

I had a fantastic ride on Sunday,got in about 11.30 pm having covered 700 miles and a 6 hr stopover in Paris to watch the last stage of the worlds toughest sporting event.
Cav(mark Cavendish)aka the Manx Missile the first Engish rider to win the Green Jersey,and Cadel Evans the first overall Aussie winer.
Cav is now on 20 stage wins and the 5th on the all time list.
The Divvy(I hate that name) ran without fault and the saddle comfort is so much better than the Fazer 6(FZ6) saddle.
I wonder why Yamaha did not call it the FZ6R in the UK as it is the replacement for the FZ6(Fazer) in the UK and calling the XJ6 Diversion just makes everyone think its the old Divvy bought upto date.
Parked up Avenue Grande Armee near the Arc De Triomphe,can't imagine parking like this for free in London, by the Ark there where bikes parked all over the paths.

This is just the other side of the Arc ,The Champ Elysees and is the top Turnig point on the final time trail.

Took a cross country route back to the west coast along the banks of the river Seien ,then headed north.
Stopoff for lunch and leg strech,why are French laybys so much better than ours.

Last edited: