Hi-beam?

ylwf3vr

Did a search and I don't think it was brought up.. how many of you ride with your hi-beam on during the day? I dont remember where I heard it (maybe BRC?) but they suggested riding with it to "be seen" easier.

I'm a baby and I ride with my MIL-SPEC reflective vest and a reflective belt around my backpack (long ways) to "be seen". Also still have stock turn signals so creates the UFO effect lol

At night it'll probably bother drivers if I ride with my hi-beam on but during the day maybe it will help me to be seen more? There are some terrible drivers in Hawaii lol

latony007

Did a search and I don't think it was brought up.. how many of you ride with your hi-beam on during the day? I dont remember where I heard it (maybe BRC?) but they suggested riding with it to "be seen" easier.

I'm a baby and I ride with my MIL-SPEC reflective vest and a reflective belt around my backpack (long ways) to "be seen". Also still have stock turn signals so creates the UFO effect lol

At night it'll probably bother drivers if I ride with my hi-beam on but during the day maybe it will help me to be seen more? There are some terrible drivers in Hawaii lol
First off your right, there are some terrible drivers in Hawaii :D. And if you hit like 55 at any point in Hawaii you are hauling a** where as here you will get run over for driving too slow. Having said that I always have my high beam on during the day, then i starting riding around with it on period. Its not like a car where it shines In peoples eyes at night. at least I don't think so, I have never had anyone flash me for having it on. I want to get a brighter one. everyone here is doing the HID projector thing which is supposed to be cool but I just don't have the money for it right now, its pretty expensive.

JSP

Super Moderator
Pretty much always use hi-beam during the day. Not at night of course.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Speaking of that.. where in the lane do you all ride? Obviously some go left and right. I try to stay on the tire "tracks" either on the left or the right depending on the road. I've seen some stay directly in the center.

Alex6

Speaking of that.. where in the lane do you all ride? Obviously some go left and right. I try to stay on the tire "tracks" either on the left or the right depending on the road. I've seen some stay directly in the center.
When in traffic I stay in the left side so not to appear hidden behind the car/truck/van in front of me for the oncoming drivers.

Bert-Aus

along with that, don't be afraid to move around in your lane as you approach intersections... drivers will see more side-side motion than they will just you coming straight at them... heck, if you think someone doesn't see you, flash your lights a few times and move around in your lane to have a better chance
This is so much fun too
kind of like over acting the need to swerve around things like potholes, sewer lids, re-seal snakes etc
or just cleaning your tyres and warming tyres.
Plus it breaks up the monotany of straights in traffic, stretches your muscles to keep you limber.

Not only those things it esp. freaks out the texting/ FB/ mobile phone users
All these things makes you more 'visible' to cagers -I am sure they flip out thinkning 'WTF is that crazy guy doing?'

xleeb0y13x

Only time I've used my high beam has been to signal rigs it's ok to move over. Other than that I tend to keep it on low.

Sent while running with scissors.

J

justBlue

Hi Beam

I always have the high beam on during the day.
Hi beams put odds a little more in your favor I think - You stick out more. That's what you want, right? :)

I always get complemented when I where I where hi-viz too!! And, I don't care if I look like a Power Ranger.:rockon:

Mike
Houston,TX

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I don't ride at night with my highs on, especially since I have hid, but the stock headlight is dim and about as bright as most other lows when on high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Im sure if I had an HID I wouldnt either. One of these days id like to get one. I think the stock light is about as bright as a couple candles put together. When im driving down a normal street at night the street lights drown out the headlight!

abyss1406

This is so much fun too
kind of like over acting the need to swerve around things like potholes, sewer lids, re-seal snakes etc
or just cleaning your tyres and warming tyres.
Plus it breaks up the monotany of straights in traffic, stretches your muscles to keep you limber.

Not only those things it esp. freaks out the texting/ FB/ mobile phone users
All these things makes you more 'visible' to cagers -I am sure they flip out thinkning 'WTF is that crazy guy doing?'

I call it practice kinda like nascar in real life...with a motorcycle...in traffic.

formthelines

In California, it's illegal (VC24409) to drive around with your high beam(s) on shining on other cars. Probably in most of the other states as well.
i always drive with my Hi-beams on. i really don't care for the driving laws regarding this because no one else bothers to look out for us. And besides, how many piggies do you think are actually intelligent enough to spot the difference between a really bright headlight and a hi-beam on a bike :sinister:

latony007

i always drive with my Hi-beams on. i really don't care for the driving laws regarding this because no one else bothers to look out for us. And besides, how many piggies do you think are actually intelligent enough to spot the difference between a really bright headlight and a hi-beam on a bike :sinister:
None, and I really don't think this shines in anyone's eyes. And im with you, at least if it did they would notice you lol
I will conduct a test next time im following the wife in the car.

Sascha

By the way it was on the motorcycle written test that it is Legal to ride in California with your high beems on all day and night long. In a car you are 100% correct no high beems within city limits.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member