Hey

Harrisch

Hey guys,

Got my bike last thursday, gonna have 600 miles on it by this thursday.

ive been enjoying the forum for quite some time, cant wait til my bikes totally broken in :D

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard!!! :thumbup:

Harrisch

i should clarify, i need to have 600 miles on it by thursday, because thats when i scheduled my service appointment, and i want as little downtime as possible from riding haha... just got rained on hard today for the first time, luckily i was literally across the street from my place when it started and got inside quick. Loving the bike though, gotta say as my first bike, i cant imagine it being any faster and i havent even totally revved it yet haha, the torque builds so smoothly... glad i went with the inline four.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

StarZero81

Elite Member

Dustin600

Nice bike! Welcome to the forum. This is the best forum I have been a part of. Lots of great information and intersting personalities here.

Detrich

welcome & congrats! :)

BKP

Looks great, 'bro... enjoy it (apparently, you obviously already are)...

Welcome to the forum, and ride safe!

oyamyers

welcome and you chose the fastest color buy the way... lol :welcome:
First, welcome and enjoy. Please ride within your limits and learn from every ride.

Second, don't listen to JT there. Everyone knows that Yellow is the fastest, thats why they stopped making it after the first year. All of the new riders were not able to hang on.:zombie:

Last edited:

Harrisch

haha well i can tell im obviously joining a warm and caring community of bikers, which is great - glad to be here! as far as riding within my limits, im definitely doing my best... as im getting more and more comfortable with the bike im definitely trying different things and figuring out different situations - heres my first question for the forum -

when you first get your bike, is there a layer of "less sticky" rubber or something to that effect? i ask because as im starting to lean the bike further, im noticing that when i get past a certain point, sometimes the front tire feels a bit uneasy, and i have to ease off, straighten up, slow and correct -- im wondering if this is because the outside of the tires are worn less because they havent been ridden on as much (bought my bike with 0 miles on it, currently around 500) --- or because im doing something wrong in my execution of the turn....

BKP

There's a slick layer on new tires that helps get the rubber out of the molds. First few miles you have to take it a bit easy til you scuff that up a bit...

So, you're not imagining things... What's left on the far outside of the tires is what you'll hear referred to as chicken strips (until you've leaned enough to rub those off as well)...