Hey New Here

ToTempted

Hey im new to the forum. I'm here for some advice. I've been riding dirt bikes since i was 14. I am now 24, my current dirt bike is a crf250r race bike. I can handle it very well. Now i wanna get a motorcycle. I had my permit but it expired back in October so i figured i would wait till spring to take the test. but while i had my permit a friend of mine let me ride his wr250x around. It was fun but quickly lost my interest because lack of power. He let me take his cbr600 for a spin and it scared me to the point that i fell in love with it immediately but i know if i get a super sport I'm gonna get hurt or killed. I've been doing some research on the fz6r and i heard its a good beginner bike and was wondering what people that already have them have to say about it being a first bike. By the way im 5'5 and 150lbs sorry for the paragraph

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ToTempted

The FZ6R is a first bike for many, but it's also a great all around bike with nice power, but linear for noob mistakes. 250's are a joke and once you've ridden one you definitely want more. Cool thing about 250's though is you can ring them out for all they're worth. I think as long as you don't think you're gonna want a super sport that the FZ6R will suit you just fine.

thankyou for replying, what is the bike like compared to a super sport 600?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

RoadTrip

thankyou for replying, what is the bike like compared to a super sport 600?
FZ6R has plenty of power and handles great, as S_T mentioned the main power difference to a 600SS is at the top. I can't think of anyone (myself included) who had regrets building their skills on the FZ6R before moving to a SS, and there are certainly members here who have superior skills and are still riding the FZ6R. It is a great bike and plenty of fun, you can always move up to a SS later if that is your goal.

dnielson45

Elite Member