Henry Rollins

Brock Kickass

Anyone else a fan? I saw him speak last night in Ottawa (second time seeing him speak) and was, once again, blown away. He is a very inspiring guy. His message is amazing. Anyone else seen him? ...or a fan? Share your stories.

BKP

He's definitely an eclectic guy... from punk bands to DJ to acting to author/speaker.

He supports a number of hard left causes, but is also anti-government, and pro armed citizenry. Always got the impression he was a little less intelligent (no, actually a *lot* less) than he'd like you to believe, based on his buy-in to some of the early Obamamania nonsense, and watching a few of his interviews (one in particular, where he kept using the term neocon, but didn't have a clue about what it meant, or whom it applied to). I never could quite make out his political angle. Any hints in his show?

Go ahead... let the flames begin...

Last edited:

Brock Kickass

I don't really get in to people's politics; I think it's a personal choice. The message that I really dug from his show, though, was that it doesn't matter what your views are, if they're different, etc... just make an informed choice.
He talked a lot about access to information and education, and how everyone should have the opportunity to become educated, and to learn to think and make choices instead of going along with whatver is in the media. If you think something smells, figure it out. Challenge it. Find out if it's legit. Regardless of your political leanings (which I believe are a very private thing) it's a message that applies.
If you're an intense conservative, or an intense liberal, or in between, it should be because you've carefully thought about what matters to you and decided this is the path you're going to follow.
He also talked about drigs and alcohol, and how, if that's your thing, whatever, but it's a waste of time, and plays right in to the hands of those who have more than you and want what little you have. There are lots of ways to have fun (motorcycling) that won't burn up your brain and leave you unable to meet your potential and be a successful person. As long as someone is satisfied sitting around smoking pot, that's another person who won't cure cancer or run for office and make life better for themselves and their peers.
I've met lots of people who have different political ideas from me who are intelligent and have good ideas about some things. I've also met lots of people of my own stripe who are tools and make me embarassed when they talk. Point is, like him or not, I agree with a lot of his message from last night. Bottom line: there's lots wrong with the world, and hanging around waiting for someone else to fix it isn't going to get anything done. I left inspired to do more for change.

BKP

I don't really get in to people's politics; I think it's a personal choice. The message that I really dug from his show, though, was that it doesn't matter what your views are, if they're different, etc... just make an informed choice.
He talked a lot about access to information and education, and how everyone should have the opportunity to become educated, and to learn to think and make choices instead of going along with whatver is in the media. If you think something smells, figure it out. Challenge it. Find out if it's legit. Regardless of your political leanings (which I believe are a very private thing) it's a message that applies.
If you're an intense conservative, or an intense liberal, or in between, it should be because you've carefully thought about what matters to you and decided this is the path you're going to follow.
He also talked about drigs and alcohol, and how, if that's your thing, whatever, but it's a waste of time, and plays right in to the hands of those who have more than you and want what little you have. There are lots of ways to have fun (motorcycling) that won't burn up your brain and leave you unable to meet your potential and be a successful person. As long as someone is satisfied sitting around smoking pot, that's another person who won't cure cancer or run for office and make life better for themselves and their peers.
I've met lots of people who have different political ideas from me who are intelligent and have good ideas about some things. I've also met lots of people of my own stripe who are tools and make me embarassed when they talk. Point is, like him or not, I agree with a lot of his message from last night. Bottom line: there's lots wrong with the world, and hanging around waiting for someone else to fix it isn't going to get anything done. I left inspired to do more for change.
If that was the gist of his message, you've raised my opinion of him by an order of magnitude...

linkgt

I've heard of him/ seen him on tv before. Didn't really pay much attn but....

:troll:

Ron Paul 2012

Spunky99

When I see Henry, all I can think of is how much heroin went into those veins....