HELP!!! Overheating

romulan

Having problems and thought I'd ask for some help. The cooling fan shut off and wasn't coming on when hot so I took a look through everything and found the fuse was blown. Replaced it with the extra 20 amp fuse and still not working tried a different 20 amp fuse and still no joy. The new fuses were not blown so there is no short anywhere. Could the relay or temperature switch failing cause the fuse to blow as a symptom of a bigger problem?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

6R Blackout

When the fuse blew it may have broke something else, but that is why the fuse is there to prevent further failure.

Did you check everything over with a meter?

romulan

In the past the fan kicked on at 100 degrees even, now it's not coming on past that, just had it up to 107 and still not coming on. Don't really want to push to flashing

romulan

Haven't gone over everything with the meter that is going to be my next step, was just wondering if there was a reset you had to do or anything like that

6R Blackout

Sounds to me if it came on at 100 degrees, then it was faulty to begin with. It may be the temperature gauge itself not working correctly, or wired wrong but if your bike was brand new then that shouldnt be an issue.

I would definately go through the entire cooling system electronics with the meter.

will415

y fan kicks on when my temp reads 210 anything under that it will not come on should be the same for every bike.

CtrlAltDl

Make sure there is nothing in the fan blades. Try uplugging the fan motor and see if you can give it power directly to the connector to see if it will run.

If the motor runs when you give it power directly then check the relay.

You are going to need a multi-meter to test any further. Do you have one?

JSP

Super Moderator
Yes, it can definitely happen where a rock wedges in there and locks the fan blade which can blow the fuse. If its been repeatedly tried to run it may have burned up the fan motor now? See if you can free spin the blades.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member