Helmets with less wind noise?

dcBear78

Are you sure it is not also half the quality and protection that Shoei has?
Not only does it comply with every road going standard, which Australia has some of the most stringent tests. It also complies with all racing requirements including those used by Moto GP.

So, plenty safe enough for me.

On my phone right now so can't get the specifics, but will later if you doubt it?

CrazyCawi

I'm a self-admitted helmet whore. I currently own over 10 helmets. Five of them are Shoei's, one Arai, and a few others.

I've literally bought over 25 helmets over the years, and always end up using my Shoei's, simply because they are the most quite helmet I've ever used.

FYI, if your Shoei isn't quiet you need to adjust the lens, or need a smaller helmet.
you should send us a few pics of the lids you got

DragonBlu

I have the Quest and with foam earplugs it is super quiet for me.

Last edited:

RandiZ

helmet fit and earplugs

My first helmet was an HJC. Good overall reasonably priced lid. But a bit heavy and my neck hurt after long rides at hwy speeds. Next helmet was a Scorpion. I refused to wear it after a year because of the noise. Currently I use a Shoei, which I like a lot. But the noise situation can only be resolved with earplugs. I used to wear Hearos. Got a pair of custom ones at the motorcycle show this year. I'll never ride without them. I also noticed I don't get fatiqued as quickly with the ear plugs. But the right shape and size helmet is where it all begins.

BoneJj

i use ear plugs and you can cut some memory foam and put it in the ear cups .
Motorcycle Helmet Noise - webBikeWorld
I like the idea of that windjammer but no one seems to sell them here in the USA. I might try to make something similar to that though. I'll have to give it a shot and use some thin velcro and some of the xtra cloth that I have laying around. I'm betting I'll need to buy some spandex like material to use for the bottom edge though. Should make for an interesting product once I get the time to mess with it.

I'd probably want to leave the back open a bit, I'm mostly concerned with the front and sides, that's where all my problems come from on my helmet. The helmet is tight fit but the bottom side of it could have been designed a little better.

Alex6

Not only does it comply with every road going standard, which Australia has some of the most stringent tests. It also complies with all racing requirements including those used by Moto GP.

So, plenty safe enough for me.

On my phone right now so can't get the specifics, but will later if you doubt it?
No need, looks like a very good helmet. :thumbup:

CtrlAltDl

Hi my name is Joe, and I'm a helmaholic.

you should send us a few pics of the lids you got
You might recognize the the blue one near the end. ;-)

That's not including the black Shoei that I have on CL, or the 6 other dirt bike helmets that I have.

Attachments

anson650

No matter what helmet you have you need ear plugs. A lot of things will help, but use ear plugs too. The Audiologist want $1500 to replace my one hearing aid, but to get what I really need they want $7500 for the pair.
Anson

BoneJj

No matter what helmet you have you need ear plugs. A lot of things will help, but use ear plugs too. The Audiologist want $1500 to replace my one hearing aid, but to get what I really need they want $7500 for the pair.
Anson
I do really agree with this....

What's really bad is that when I ride without a helmet and just a good set of goggles. I get no bad noise in my ears, me head has the right shape I guess, kind of crazy. I rarely ride without though so yeah.... And by rarely I mean once in the last year...