Helmet Speakers

r0bot

Did a quick search and didn't pull anything up. Although its not a mod to the bike so I hope this is the right section. Anyone have any recommendations on good helmet speakers? From other reviews and threads i have read it seems like on of these would be good but was hoping for some feedback from someone who owns a pair they like.

HS24 - Iasus XSound2 Helmet Speakers

Helmet Speakers

Iasus XSound 2 Motorcycle /Scooter/ ATV Helmet Speakers:eBay Motors (item 220472707381 end time Nov-26-09 08:35:42 PST)

Looking for something in the $50 or less range if possible but will take all suggestions.

JonKerr

Elite Member
F

FZ6Rgurl

That kinda sucks that you have to buy the helmet just to get the bluetooth device. Because I have the Itouch that is bluetooth capable as well. that would be awesome to get something like that. I necessarily don't need to answer my phone while riding, but I had headphones that stick right in your helmet, but the cord got damaged somehow and only one ear works. So I want to find the bluetooth without the dorky antennas;)

JonKerr

Elite Member
F

FZ6Rgurl

That looks WAY too complicated LOL! And it's a bit out of my price range. I did google bluetooth headsets for helmets thought and got a few pages. But thanks anyway:)

tractorboy

Im cheap..... I made my own per these instructions. cost me 6 bucks.....

Note the recommendation of the Gain/dbl that works best.

The tuck nicely in my helmet and to boot! Got sick of wire coming down and wanted something self contained...so I got a Ipod shuffle and clipped it to my helmet strap!! now I can reach volume and next keys no problem!!

Also it it not up too loud that I cannot hear my surroundings...perfect to drown out the wind noise, which drives me BATTY!

I can take a pic of my set up if you want.

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/motorcycle/how_to/helmetradios"DOT"html

mine are a pair of phillips.:thumbup:

amirw

I vote for the Bluetooth helmet
No wires no hassle, Just click the button and it automatically pairs with your device. the iphone is in the jacket and that it.
Mine cost 260$ and it is great helmet.
I can barely hear something when riding 70 and above, but when you are doing 70 mph focus the riding not the music, so it is OK for me.

CGENGO

Speakers inside the helmet-

In the quest for a perfect ride with nice weather, good music and a great bike I have satisfied two out of three. :cool:

The FZ6R is a great bike (but you already knew that, right?)
And to get some rockin' tunes in my ears I bought these---Motorbike Helmet Speakers for MP3 Motorcycle Bike New- on EBay. They stick inside the helmet, attach to the Ipod, adjustable volume, unplug to move around and produce a decent sound level for the ride. Best part is, nothing shoved into your ears!

Now if we could just get the nice weather to cooperate:eek:

Bigevildoer

From other reviews and threads i have read it seems like on of these would be good but was hoping for some feedback from someone who owns a pair they like.

Looking for something in the $50 or less range if possible but will take all suggestions.
I've got a pair of Iasus XSJ speakers and they do quite a good job. You may need an in-line amplifier depending on what model of MP3 player you're using.

Also have a pair of Sentry HO-150 in ear buds, and they do quite a good job at isolating noise. They also have a 35-40 degree bend in them, so they lie flat against your ear and don't get pressed into your ear farther by your helmet. Pretty darn comfy. Paid $15 for them at a bike show, regular retail something like $25.

Later!

Pizz

I got into speakers in my helmet by buying Bluetooth communicators. The Scala Rider set (CARDO SYSTEMS INC. | Cardo Systems, Inc., a leading provider of Bluetooth Headset solutions introduces the scala line of headsets.) is great. It allows direct communication between 3 riders and bluetooth connection to GPS (for audio instructions), cell phone (never used this) or an ipod bluetooth device. On top of that, there is a built in radio (quality of radio sound is low, but nice to have).

The biggest factor in getting these to work well is speaker placement. You need to find where your ear canal sits in the helmet and put the speaker there. If you are off by half an inch, volume can be an issue (especially if you ride with plugs in)

CGENGO

I got them already. Used them for about 150 miles. They work well!!

bmw675

call me a newb, but wouldnt they restrict your hearing of your surroundings?
i would like to be able to listen to something, i just thought you would lose whats around you?

Pizz

call me a newb, but wouldnt they restrict your hearing of your surroundings?
i would like to be able to listen to something, i just thought you would lose whats around you?
Depends on the volume and where you are riding.

When on the highway, wind noise makes it hard to hear traffic anyway and you need to have earplugs in (or risk damaging your hearing). I have found that adding some music on top of that has little effect.

When riding around town, I usually ride with at least one other rider, so the communicator is on and the music is off. If I'm riding solo, I have the music on at a level that isn't distracting. If I find it too distracting (heavy traffic, looking for an address), I shut it off.

JonKerr

Elite Member