Helmet Photos?

Bigevildoer

What sort of bucket does everyone here on the group wear?

I slap a Shark S800 bucket on my melon when I'm out and about. Matches my Nexo Jacket (Blue, black and white) and more importantly the bike itself!

Luckily, my local dealer had (still does actually) all Sharks on sale for 60% off, so I lucked out!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm rocking the Scorpion EXO 700 in the Rivet pattern with a dark tinted shield. :rockon: I don't have any actual pictures of mine, so here is the standard product picture.

O-turn

Partier
I love the sheild on the shark! I hate having to keep both visors on me!

Bigevildoer

I love the sheild on the shark! I hate having to keep both visors on me!
Yeah, the double shield is kind of cool, but there are 2 drawbacks to it...
The visors tend to rub against each other a little, and have caused wear marks on the plastic. I applied a plastic polish and removed some of the scuffs, and then applied future acrylic floor wax, which helped alot. It took ALOT of buffing to remove the excess, but I'm happy with the result.

The other issue, is a very minor one. When the tinted visor is up and you have to tilt your head up, there's an annoying whistle. The related "problem" is added wind resistance when checking blind spots etc - not too bad at 50 mph/80kmh but at 65mph/100kmh you can feel the drag of the wind. Neither issue is anything that's a serious defect or flaw.

Later!

Manna69247

This is mine, I think Shark :rockon:
shark_rsf3_smoke.jpg

Last edited:

SiGPiGomer

I have a Zamp helmet. For only a $180, I thought it was a hell of a deal. Real nice helmet, and have no complaints about it. I plan on getting a O'neal helmet this winter. They have bluetooths built into the helmet.

MNDZA

demon408

scorpion exo 1000

here it is. wih top gun shade too:p at first laughed at th pil shades but irelly use them

Attachments

r0bot

I have the HJC IS16 Scratch, looks good with my Black/White look on the Raven FZ6R

Attachments

mekberg

here it is. wih top gun shade too:p at first laughed at th pil shades but irelly use them
How do you like this helmet? Any complaints with it? This one fit me the best by far of any that I tried on - and I like the flip down sun shade. A lot of people complained that the helmet was big and heavy. What do you think?

mfischler

Elite Member
Last edited:

phocoyote7

This helmet looks better in person.

Attachments

jhosler

Here is the one I wear pic taken from HJC's web site. It's the IS-Max modular helmet

Last edited:

Verranth

HJC FS-15 is my bucket

BTW, r0bot , my gf has the scratch too. She really likes the built in shade things. She did mention something about some noice on it though. Do you have any problems with it?

Last edited:

Verranth

Here is the one I wear pic taken from HJC's web site. It's the IS-Max modular helmet

How do you like your helmet?

I have no complaints about mine, but am always interested in something that may be better =)

cbzdel

got this one:

I bought it on sale at Cycle Gear 2 years ago and its starting to show it age from being a daily commuter regardless of weather.. but now I would rather have a flat black helmet of some sort..