Helmet Hook/Lock on 2009 fz6r

incubuslove

Ok so I have no idea where my helmet hook is. Iv tried googling this and have came up empty handed! Does anyone have a clue to where it would be located? :confused: Iv looked all around my read sear and inside of it. Please help!!

WarEagle07

The cable is inside of your tool pouch. Read your manual it actually tells you how to use it

MikeN02

I hate the damn thing, at least compared to my Ninja.
Though I don't like the cable wire, someone can just cut it off with a pair of cable cutters if they're going for your bike and realize you have a alarm.

I really didn't like my Ninja 500's helmet lock. The exhaust was mounted to the side and so was the lock so you burn your hand a lot.

I never leave my helmet with my bike! They cost too much money! Keep a honest man, honest!

JonKerr

Elite Member

Yone

MikeN02

I never leave my helmet with my bike! They cost too much money! Keep a honest man, honest!
My helmet is only worth $80, but it's DoT and Snell approved. Went cheaper this time around as my first helmet I went down soft in but I still went down so I needed a new helmet.

I only lock my helmet to my bike when I go to the gym, darn things won't fit in the locker. I don't want to place it on top of the locker either so the only other option is to place it behind the front desk counter or lock it to my bike.

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
it doesnt lock though huh?
It locks when you put the pillion seat back down and latch it. But there really is no lock in-line with the cable.

JnT4Life

it doesnt lock though huh?
The cable goes through your D ring on your helmet and the to a metal latch under the seat. You have to remove the seat to get the helmet loose(or cut the cable) and it requires a key to remove the seat, so yes, it locks.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Like others, we just never leave the helmets with the bike. Ignorant people have been known to pi$$ in them, put gum in them on hot days, dump soda, milk, beer, ice cream in them... or just cut the strap and smash the helmet on the ground a few times... steal the visors, sandpaper/steel wool the visors, etc.... Not worth it. Funny thing is, they hardly ever touch the bikes. Helmet fetish? :eek: :D

Detrich

if i need to go anywhere that requires doing any actual carrying of any kind of "stuff," i take the 4 banger... so far, i do not use the bike as transportation- only recreation.

i do use the built-in cable lock when going to meets tho, where my bike is usually visible from the eatery we're hanging at...