Hello From Snow Filled WI

MaximumHP

Hi all, new to the forums here. No 6R yet, but I think I've decided this is the way I want to go. I currently have a '10 Ninja 250 which was my first bike. Love it, and does a pretty good job, but as many say, I just want more power (I don't need it, just want it). I've always wanted a SS, but as I'm pushing 40 and just don't want the riding position they demand, and most of my riding is in town commuting. There's actually a lot of good stuff out there, but am leaning heavily now towards the 6R.

I'm wanting to take a look at a used 09 in black, 6500mi, guy has a decent price on it, but has a M4 exhaust with no fuel controller, so I'm a little concerned about running the motor that long without a tune. Otherwise there are a few new old stock 2012's sitting around I can get a pretty decent price on I think.

Weather up here as sucked this spring, we still have tons of snow, more coming today, temps below normal, and salty roads, so will be at least a couple of weeks before I'm on the road. Last year it was unseasonably warm and had been riding for a couple weeks already.

Anyway, hello everyone! Hope I can find a nice 6R soon and hang out here regularly. :rockon:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

BKP

Welcome...

I don't envy you that snow, but it'll make finally getting out that much sweeter --
Good luck with the new 6R -- absolutely *great* bike -- you can't go wrong with it (not that I'm biased, or anything)... ;)

MaximumHP

Thanks Guys! Found out the guy selling the bike is gone till the weekend, one more week drooling over online pictures! :popcorn:

06330i

I wouldn't worry about running it without a fuel controller for such a low amount of miles. I have buddies with gsxr's with 35k and 50k on them all with full exhausts and they don't have fuel controllers. My only question for you is are you paying cash or do you plan on financing the bike? I know 9 times out of 10 finance companies offer better rates on new bikes.

CrazyCawi

hi all, new to the forums here. No 6r yet, but i think i've decided this is the way i want to go. I currently have a '10 ninja 250 which was my first bike. Love it, and does a pretty good job, but as many say, i just want more power (i don't need it, just want it). I've always wanted a ss, but as i'm pushing 40 and just don't want the riding position they demand, and most of my riding is in town commuting. There's actually a lot of good stuff out there, but am leaning heavily now towards the 6r.

I'm wanting to take a look at a used 09 in black, 6500mi, guy has a decent price on it, but has a m4 exhaust with no fuel controller, so i'm a little concerned about running the motor that long without a tune. Otherwise there are a few new old stock 2012's sitting around i can get a pretty decent price on i think.

Weather up here as sucked this spring, we still have tons of snow, more coming today, temps below normal, and salty roads, so will be at least a couple of weeks before i'm on the road. Last year it was unseasonably warm and had been riding for a couple weeks already.

Anyway, hello everyone! Hope i can find a nice 6r soon and hang out here regularly. :rockon:
welcome welcome from your favorite football neighbor of mn. Your lucky you have the abc's to run your bike through, long drive for me to get there but they are oh so much fun! I have a 2009 ex250r as well, along with a zx6r :) welcome to the best damn forum online

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MaximumHP

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm hoping to pay cash, especially with tax return time coming up. I'll probably end up selling the 250 also, I got way too many vehicles already and out of space to keep stuff.

Sounds like I shouldn't worry too much about no fuel controller, thanks for that advice.

Enjoy Greg Jennings CrazyCawi, we will miss him in Green Bay... :(
If you are up for the drive this year to the abc's, I'd be happy to join you.

CrazyCawi

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm hoping to pay cash, especially with tax return time coming up. I'll probably end up selling the 250 also, I got way too many vehicles already and out of space to keep stuff.

Sounds like I shouldn't worry too much about no fuel controller, thanks for that advice.

Enjoy Greg Jennings CrazyCawi, we will miss him in Green Bay... :(
If you are up for the drive this year to the abc's, I'd be happy to join you.
I am certainly up for the drive meng :)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member