Hello again!

Hi everyone :)

I joined 18 months ago when I first bought my FZ6R, but with life getting in the way I didn't make the most out of my time here (2 posts... sad effort I know)

I work from home now and am looking to start modifying my baby, and stumbled across the forum again, so I'm back for good this time!

My FZ6R is a 2010 model LAMS bike, black and gold, and is currently totally stock (apart from a solid pair of frame sliders). I've been riding now for just over 18 months and the FZ6R was my first bike ever, so I'm still a real newbie but I absolutely love it :) About to go for my open licence so I can derestrict it and learn the bike all over again.

Got a few goodies coming in the mail over the next few weeks, I'll update the thread with pics when it all arrives. So far I have ordered:

*custom gold fender eliminator with LED turn signals
*smaller mirrors with integrated turn signals
*black and gold adjustable levers
*dark smoked windscreen
*de-restricted throttle plate

When I get the cash it will be fitted with a nice 2 Brothers racing exhaust to finish off the package ;)

I live up the Sunshine Coast in QLD, Australia and the riding up here is just sensational. Amazing weather, stunning scenery and some seriously fun twistys to boot!

I also have a Kawasaki ZXR400 track bike that is an absolute ball of fun to ride.. Have done one race and looking forward to getting back on track when budget allows it. Currently learning to get dirty on my Honda CRF250R and spending most of my time falling into mud puddles. It's great fun :D

So there you go, looking forward to chatting to more FZ6R enthusiasts and meeting a few of you in person for some rides!

Attachments

Last edited:

abyss1406

well welcome back and nice photos :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Thanks guys! :)

Yeah I've spent many hours over the last few days going through the mods forum, its where I got most of my inspiration ;) will definitely check back for install tips, thanks Scott :)

Definitely will check out your album SpawnXX, looking forward to see what you've done to your baby!

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Welcome back. And I must say, if this is your form after only 18 months of riding, you're learning incredibly fast.

Thank you! I just really love being out on the bike, and it all kinda came together when I went and did a track day.. Did one more then decided I might as well enter a race :) I'm very lucky to have had a lot of help, tips and support from everyone at the track, otherwise I could never have pushed myself that hard. Oh and that little race bike would give anyone confidence, especially on new slicks :D

My road riding still leaves alot to be desired, but I'll keep working on it :) I enjoy the learning experience.

Welcome back!! Don't worry, we haven't gone anywhere. You will find tons of mods for the FZ6R! I always recommend lighting...

Hmmm lights... Another thing to add to my rapidly increasing mods list!! Thanks :) I think I need to find a new job, I seem to be perpetually broke thanks to my bikes! At least its all going to a good cause :)

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FastFreddy

Well I think its great to see more and more women getting out and riding bikes both on the road and on the track.
It looks like you are really enjoying the track riding, cool.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the welcome :)

Haha yes, black is definitely fastest ;)

Nismos, my 400 is a grey import brought in especially as a track bike, can't buy them normally in Aus which sucks.

Haha Dart oh you will get addicted, it will consume you!!

Fast Freddy, yeah I love seeing girl riders out there, good community of them where I live :)

{sorry for the lack of quoting, phone says no lol}

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Haha black and gold is definitely the go ;)

Wow 6'9!! I'm used to people telling me I'm tall but that is amazing! How did you find the FZ6R for ride comfort?? Thanks for the welcome :)