Heated Gloves

Bozman

Just trying to see what people are using for heated gloves. It's getting damn cold where I live and at 75-80 MPH it's a little chilly. :)

2wheelie

Heated gear in general is a good thng in cold weather, I just hate dealing with all these wires all-around you. Plug-unplug every time you stop, etc.
I have heated grips, but they won't heat the fingertips, so gloves and grips are not mutually exclusive.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

sammy56

Just trying to see what people are using for heated gloves. It's getting damn cold where I live and at 75-80 MPH it's a little chilly. :)
If getting heated gloves, don't waste money on gloves other than Gerbins! I went through three pair of other cheaper brands (luckily returned them all for refunds) that never worked how I expected. Gerbins work great!
The wires needed to plug into the battery don't bother me, but to each their own. I can't stand riding with near frozen fingers.....I feel we can generally layer up to keep our bodies warm (and head), but fingers need the heat!!

Don't forget that you will need a controller!!!!!

Just my 2 cents,
LB

Bozman

Thanks for the input!!! I certainly don't want wires. Tacky as hell to me and just another thing to secure. I can slap on some underarmour and be very warm. Only issue is the hands. I spend all winter on a board in the mountains so I already had the other gear. Just hard to find something that is warm and effective, but won't be too big and bulky.

Dustin600

I got battery powered Mobile Warming textile gloves about a year ago. They have a rechargeable battery so no need to play with wires. They recharge from dead in about 5 hours. The gloves have 5 power settings. (Off-25%-50%-75%-100%) I have a 40 mile commute to work. It takes me about 45 minutes. I ride at speeds around 70 MPH and these gloves have kept my hands warm in temps around 20 degrees! The manufacturer claims that at 100%, the gloves reach 135F. Since the gloves are heated, there's no need for all of that bulky insulation, which means better dexterity.

I considered the Gerbing S2 gloves, but the website specifically states they do not recommend them for motorcycle riding. The Mobile Warming gloves are made for riding. Overall I am very happy with the Mobile Warming gloves. They do carry a $160 price tag. If you ride year round, its worth every cent.

Here's a link...

Mobile Warming Heated Textile Glove - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Bozman

My commute is about 4 miles less..... same type of speeds too. I'm not shy about spending $ on quality. Thanks a bunch!!!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Dustin600

I don't wear any other hand protection with these gloves. In my opinion, they would hold up in a crash. Probably not as good as leather but way better than wearing nothing. I'll assume that statement was put in on the website to avoid a lawsuit later.

latony007

I got battery powered Mobile Warming textile gloves about a year ago. They have a rechargeable battery so no need to play with wires. They recharge from dead in about 5 hours. The gloves have 5 power settings. (Off-25%-50%-75%-100%) I have a 40 mile commute to work. It takes me about 45 minutes. I ride at speeds around 70 MPH and these gloves have kept my hands warm in temps around 20 degrees! The manufacturer claims that at 100%, the gloves reach 135F. Since the gloves are heated, there's no need for all of that bulky insulation, which means better dexterity.

I considered the Gerbing S2 gloves, but the website specifically states they do not recommend them for motorcycle riding. The Mobile Warming gloves are made for riding. Overall I am very happy with the Mobile Warming gloves. They do carry a $160 price tag. If you ride year round, its worth every cent.

Here's a link...

Mobile Warming Heated Textile Glove - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
Man now you guys got me thinking about spending yet more money on heated crap and im in socal and don't commute on my bike! These battery gloves look like a great solution. the grips are cool but looks like a pain to install and then you have crappy grips I assume, or at least no pro or spyder grips. wired gloves to the battery seems like a recipe for bad news to me. I will have to check into these rechargeable ones though.

Dustin600

With battery powered heated gloves, you're not tied to a single bike. You can use them on a second bike, an atv, a snow mobile or while hunting too.

Last edited:

Dustin600

I've said it before, but I'll pop it up to the top again...

Get a Balaclava first, then a heated vest or jacket, start there...

Why???
Because, you want to keep your core warm, you feel your fingers getting cold because your body is drawing all the blood into your core to keep it warm, therefore your fingers/feet/extremities feel cold first, but that is a side effect of your body surviving.... keep your core warm and the effects will be lessened... You lose most of your heat through your head, so start there, that's generally not enough though, so next add a heated vest/jacket that keeps your organs warmed...

oh, and I have done that and just ordered these as well, will write up a review after install and use: Oxford Heaterz Sports Heated Grips - RevZilla
decided to go with grips over the symtec under grip, as the prices have dropped, I needed new grips anyway, and these have received great reviews over the years

I agree that keeping your core warm will help keep your limbs warm too. I ride on the highway for 40 miles where the speed is 65 MPH. At those speeds, the air moving over your fingers just robs them of heat. That's where having heated gloves or grips really pays off.