Have you put your bike into storage yet? (All you year round guys get outta here lol)

iSpoolin

Put mine up last week:

Which now it's all torn apart and about to get some new pretty stuff put on :)
Tha'ts not all of it, just all the guy had done LOL

ajskillz13

Not yet... I'm holding out! It's only 33 here today, but I'm hoping we have a few more decent days to get out. I did clean her up though. Chain is cleaned and lubed, so if I'm smart, I'll keep it out of any moisture so I don't have to do that again until spring.

Hellgate

Heck no! Track day this Saturday. Oh wait, I'm one of those guys.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bmw675

haven't ridden mine in 3 weeks. tucked in nicely up on stands with a cover on it.

it was 23 degrees this morning when i got up.

yfz6r

Rode in 28 degrees today. Legs were freezing because I don't have anything to put over my nursing scrub pants. Upper body was fine though. In the single and negative numbers its rough. It would be nice to have an off season so I could do some serious mods

JSP

Super Moderator
Rode in 28 degrees today. Legs were freezing because I don't have anything to put over my nursing scrub pants. Upper body was fine though. In the single and negative numbers its rough. It would be nice to have an off season so I could do some serious mods
Some good rain pants, or overpants with a rain liner do wonders to cut the cold wind.

Wooster

We got our first taste of snow here in WV last week and I decided to put it in storage last saturday. I could have probably got another week or two out of her, but screw it. The funny thing is this is my first year every owning a bike and I have to admit its going to suck not riding for the next 4 months or so. At least it will give me a few months to save up and hopefully buy a TB.

bmw675

We got our first taste of snow here in WV last week and I decided to put it in storage last saturday. I could have probably got another week or two out of her, but screw it. The funny thing is this is my first year every owning a bike and I have to admit its going to suck not riding for the next 4 months or so. At least it will give me a few months to save up and hopefully buy a TB.
thats the spirit. not riding all winter means more time and a few extra bucks saved to spend on mods. :thumbup:

yfz6r

Some good rain pants, or overpants with a rain liner do wonders to cut the cold wind.
I know I just haven't convinced myself to buy any yet. I have some riding pants but are too tight to put anything under. Don't want to have to change when I get to clinical

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

See red

Not sure what you guys and gals do but I will have my charger on the batt. that's about it. I do run my bike in the winter though. I will go out and at least start it, run it up to warm, and give it a nice chance to run at 3500~5000 rpms. just to keep it from sitting around getting lazy. I do an oil change, and keep a full tank. I usually run through at least one tank a winter.

This also keeps it ready for a warmish day.

iSpoolin

That's how you do it man! Our WV winters suck :lol: So you might as well pour some money into the bike while it sits.

I wish I woulda drown some of mine out though :rolleyes:

Already sent my Kickstand, Barends, rearsets, and passenger pegs off to the powdercoater. Pulled my rear subframe and sent it to the paint shop. Bought ASV levers, pulled my headlights apart and got them ready for paint, and a few other things :lol:

Chucker

I'm just waiting for the time to install my new springs and bars, and then I'm putting her to bed. the 6R and my snow blower swap places in the garage for the winter, so I have to put her away before the first heavy snow.