Harbor Freight motorcycle stand review

Had this stand now for about 3 years and only used it like 3 times and the rubber coating is already coming off the the part that lifts the swing arms. Waist of money now my swing arms are all scratched up. May have to buy some of that rubber in a can spray and try that. Cheap quality stand so you get what you pay for.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ReChUcK

If you buy tools at Harbor Freight...

...you're gonna have a bad time.

Tools are a prime example of "If you buy cheap, you buy twice."

TssTssTss

Are we talking about the aluminum one?

If so, I've got the t-rex spool adapter setup and the aluminum stand from HF has performed flawlessly, and it sees regular use.

It's this one:

Low Profile Rear Motorcycle Spool Stand

Only ~$30 w/25% off coupon that is perpetually available online...

it is worthless without swingarm spools though - the manual makes mention of available 'pads' to obviate the need for spools, but they must be ordered from HF via the telephone (I guess - never tried).

HotSauce

I had the same problem, except the rubber ripped the first time I used it (glad it was the stand and not something else :D )

I have been meaning to get the plastidip to fix it but haven't yet....I bought some T-Rex front stands, much higher quality and really not that expensive, but I still use the HF rear stand. After hearing the horror story of the weld breaking, I'll prolly end up getting a rear from T-Rex, it's not really worth it to prop your bike up with cheap stuff like HF...

In the end you get what you pay for

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member