Had a Scare!!!!!

6R Blackout

:jawdrop:Just want to see how everyone was doing? I am doing great but just yesterday almost got run over on the freeway by a teenage looking PUNK! Reason I say punk is because after he almost took me out I pulled up next to him to make sure he saw me and he and his buddies in the truck started laughing as though it was funny to swerve in front of me and almost take me out. Well soon after the fear went through me I immediately got angry especially after they were laughing. Has something like this ever happened to anyone? I mean it looked like they set out to do it, cause I was not in his blind spot and when he swerved it was very fast, I will be honest at 65mph that scared the crap out of me, not to mention it was a bit congested so I didn't have much room, but as I said before my adrenaline soon kicked in and I was really mad at that kid for that. No matter how safe and vigilant you are as a motorcyclist you never know what can happen. So to all of my fellow motorcyclist in FZ6R forum land please keep your eyes peeled and ride safe, ATGATT!!!!!

gregarmer

Glad you are okay, and I hope you got the plate number and reported him to the cops.

I had a fairly close call this weekend too; I was doing a relaxed 35mph down a beach road and a golf cart nearly took me out. The driver didn't bother checking for traffic and turned straight onto the road I was on - from a side road. Thankfully I was paying attention and jumped on my brakes in time. The driver and his mates thought it was hysterical though - I fail to see the humor.

Detrich

i think we've all had similar experiences with stupid immature american teenage punk kids- be it on the road, on the slopes, or elsewhere. bastards just have no respect for anything or anyone until they either kill or hurt themselves or someone else.

am sorry this happened to u. just remember to always ride defensively and expect ppl to make sudden movements as if they don't know or see u there. and, try not to take it personally. if u get upset it just affects your nerves and your concentration. and, u want to always make sure that you get home safely. if u can, try to develop the habit of staying in the carpool lane and go at the speed slightly ahead of traffic. that way u can avoid the unexpected and be more visible.

in los angeles, a few years back, teenagers used to have this stupid game where they'd drop rocks off pedestrian freeway overpasses- just to see who could hit a car. eventually, drivers started getting hit, getting into accidents, and dying. after that all the the cities started putting huge fencing on all pedestrian overpasses. so, now it doesn't happen as much.

just goes to show u that democracy brings both the best and worst outta ppl. but we gotta take the bad with the good. and, hopefully catch & throw some of those punk bastard kids in jail while we're at it. sigh

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Spunky99

You don't carry 1" steel ball bearings in your pocket?
They take out a radiator really easy.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've had similar incidences....and I have contemplated ripping a side mirror off in aggravation. But then I come to my senses and realize no harm came to me, so no need for drastic retaliation.

linkgt

Cagers are dumb, and teens in them are even worse. I had a chicken bone thrown at me on the freeway once and when I rode up next to the car, I saw the kid laughing.... *sigh*

iSpoolin

I can't stand people who do that.

I've had similar incidences....and I have contemplated ripping a side mirror off in aggravation. But then I come to my senses and realize no harm came to me, so no need for drastic retaliation.
I do some drastic things some times. Not in retaliation, but to show them they need to pay attention. I've took my metal toe sliders to a few car doors myself when somebody started merging into my lane. I've also smacked a few windows. Sometimes it's the only thing that works.

poWKaw

Wow, you guys are good role models lol. I kind of take it personally when people's incompetence almost kills me and abuse them. The one time I've ever done anything though was when some dickhead flicked his cigarette butt out the window resulting in it hitting me in the chest with embers going all over me. I saw the smug asshole laughing in his side mirror so I rode up next to them and punched the door panel hard enough to dent it. Before braking and going down a side street... :p In fear of being ran over. The fortunate scenario where gloves with gel padding and hard plastic knuckles not only protects you from a spill but makes that punch soft impact yet detrimental to what you hit.

I do admit acting on your emotions is childish but at the same time, I'm not going to lie. It felt hugely satisfying.

Spunky99

lol you would spunky.... just lob that beer bottle thats in your back pack from last night at em.... try to take out a tire XD
Unfortunately I had to quit drinking due to a hep C diagnosis. Haven't had any empty beer bottles to throw in almost 2 years...(sigh)....:D

If it is an incident that was not intentional or had no malicious intent, I just blow it off. We all make mistakes. It is the intentional attempt to hurt, maim or kill that gets my attention. A tossed chicken bone is no big deal..LOL...

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Detrich

retaliation just breeds more violence & the possibility of more accidents... put your own safety first above all else. then consider the safety of innocent by-standers and begrudgingly- the safety of the jackass who wronged you. *** we are all, at some point drivers (cagers), pedestrians, cyclists, or riders on the road. no one is perfect or 100% alert 100% of the time. i hate to say it, but yes- ppl on the road are generally clueless & stupid. but, that doesn't necessarily mean they are out to hurt us maliciously. there are those who are- like the stupid punkass kids. but, we can thank our fantastic schools, welfare parents for that. if none of us strives to be the better human beings, then what- we're gonna rely on those ass-wipes? c'mon...

vengeance44

if anything i always almost get side swiped by cops in my city its happend at least 3 times the worst was when i was on the freeway a undercover cop swerved in front of me i didnt know he was an under cover thankfully bc i was going 110 to catch up to him when i saw he was a cop i definately backed off lol he still didnt notice me when i was next to his window sorry for the misspellings