GripS

MikeN02

Anyone rocking the FZ6R Grips? I want to see how close the color matches the bikes... I'm concerned it wouldn't look good.

I have Yamaha Blue and was thinking about getting the blue or black grips...

Also anyone tested the comfort of these compared to stock?

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

These are what I'm using. The black and red obviously. :cool: I love them. More grip than with the stock grips and very comfortable. About the same diameter so if you like the size of the stock grips, these are perfect.
Ooo, those look nice, more black than the other color. I'll shop around a bit more and see what I like.

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

Those look nice but I still like the smooth look of the stock grips...

I don't like the rugged look.. dunno it's just me. Any company or brand have that smooth look?

vitrox

anyone else notice that the throttle tube on the fz6r is abnormaly large? I couldn't get r6 grips to fit on there, i tried quite a few times and could only get it half way.

JonKerr

Elite Member

vitrox

i used brake klean to put them on.. works really well if none of you have tried it. melts the rubber a lil bit and its like using grip glue.

porky45

I've always used compressed air for my bmx bikes, don't have to worry about the grip rotating due to moisture

Newmason

Spray paint works just as well as hairspray if not better. After that sticky paint dries they never move!

CGENGO

Hey, I just did a 180 mile turnaround from Prescott to Phoenix and back and I NEED GRIPS:eek: !! I like the ones with the bump for the throttle, but the crampbuster looks pretty good too. Before I spend the money....give me your best advice!! My first goal is to deaden the vibration, second goal is cruise control, third goal is to look good (because the Raven already looks so good that grips will not detract at all or contribute too much:D)

JonKerr

Elite Member