Green Lantern out of the closet.

danieljardim

Ugh, I am so sick of the gay culture being shoved in my and everybody else's face! I don't go shoving my heterosexualness in their faces!! Ahhhh, but now maybe I will.....:rolleyes:
Totally agree.

And another thing, what happen to the super heroes fighting bad guys and saving the day? We have enough sex/drugs/hetero/homo stuff everywhere nowadays. Do we really need to add this to COMIC BOOKS that CHILDREN read?

Spunky99

Totally agree.

And another thing, what happen to the super heroes fighting bad guys and saving the day? We have enough sex/drugs/hetero/homo stuff everywhere nowadays. Do we really need to add this to COMIC BOOKS that CHILDREN read?
If the public wants it then they will buy it if it is available. I say it is up to the parent or the kids to decide what they want to buy, not public opinion. Wasn't there a Muslim super hero comic book released a year ago called The 99? I understand that it is still being published although it has never made any profit and there are a lot more Muslims in America than gays.

MrsFZRblack

Ugh, I don't go shoving my heterosexualness in their faces!! Ahhhh, but now maybe I will.

We get it, your gay, CONGRATS! I'm straight! Do I get any sort of acknowledgement or gratification for that?! No??? Well.......
Maybe you personally don't, but heterosexualness is out there everywhere in pretty much everyone's face. Just instead of calling it that, we say its the norm. Books, TV, movies, ads, etc.

And I'm not going to say that it's wrong. I really think its just a reflection of the majority. So those of us who fall in the majority don't have to strive to let people know who we are, its already assumed/understood.

It would be great if as a whole society was like "oh your gay? Ok." and we moved on. But we're not there yet. It's probably going to take a lot of focus and work to get there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MustGoFaster

If the public wants it then they will buy it if it is available. I say it is up to the parent or the kids to decide what they want to buy, not public opinion. Wasn't there a Muslim super hero comic book released a year ago called The 99? I understand that it is still being published although it has never made any profit and there are a lot more Muslims in America than gays.
Freedom-of-Speech-united-states-of-america-21760995-960-720.jpg

Freedom of speech FTW.

Spunky99

Maybe you personally don't, but heterosexualness is out there everywhere in pretty much everyone's face. Just instead of calling it that, we say its the norm. Books, TV, movies, ads, etc.

And I'm not going to say that it's wrong. I really think its just a reflection of the majority. So those of us who fall in the majority don't have to strive to let people know who we are, its already assumed/understood.

It would be great if as a whole society was like "oh your gay? Ok." and we moved on. But we're not there yet. It's probably going to take a lot of focus and work to get there.

I'll only focus on this part.....
heterosexualness is out there everywhere in pretty much everyone's face.
I see people together boy/boy, girl/girl and boy/girl and they are just being people without any indication of their sexual preference. (think Dougie Houser) you would never know they are gay or straight because they keep that part hidden from public view. People being people is the norm. It is when 2 people exhibit behavior that should be behind closed doors that it becomes a problem. Hetero or Homo, I should not know your sexual preference. face.... I see lots of hetero couples walking around without touching or holding hands. That is not "in your face". Same for homos.....
What is wrong is when a couple of any preference are trying to stick their tongues down each other's throat or groping genitilia in public.
Public displays of more than just affection are the problem, not gender preference.

MrsFZRblack

Wanted to quote the sentence(s) I'm commenting on but I keep getting an error. Sorry if that makes this confusing.

I agree with you, excessive groping, etc. doesn't need to be a public event. It is though and its everywhere. *Most* of the time I don't see many people saying much about it unless its 2 people of the same gender, them it seems to be turned into more of an issue.

If the issue truly is over the top PDA then orientation doesn't even have to come up in the conversation.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

raybob

Two points (it is my turn!)

1. When I was young, growing up in rural Alabama, if a black and a white were seen together, at least one of them suffered greatly. Beatings. Murder. Strange fruit, indeed (old song by Billie Holiday, in case you don't know it). Today, it is accepted. The world has become more tolerant, a better place.

2. I can't condemn a lesbian for being fond of sleeping with women. I very much like doing the same. Similarly, if I tried to tell my wife that it is evil to sleep with a man, to fornicate (shudder), she'd tell me I'm nuts. She does anyway (tells me I'm nuts) but that's another story.

Bob

Spunky99

I don't see any argument in here...we pretty much agree that "the times, they are a changing" but you should "go get a room" if you want to do something more than a quick kiss.