Got my new camera mount, tested in the car.

BoneJj

So I got my new camera mount and seeing as it's wet out today I tested it in the car.

Testing new camera mount in the WRX, will also use this mount on Ninja 1000 - YouTube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKhbSMKsDqA"]Testing new camera mount in the WRX, will also use this mount on Ninja 1000 - YouTube[/ame]

So far I like it, I just need to get a new camera that doesn't have rolling shutter issues at speed.

I'm just using my Kodak playsport for right night seeing as It's all I have at the moment for this type of video.

Original video is 720p @ 60fps and even at that frame rate it still has rolling shutter issues.

Once I get new wheels on the car though it will work a lot better. I currently have one messed up wheel, hence why I haven't been driving that car in a while. So that will fix some of the vibration once I get the new wheels. Also going wider as well.

Regardless, once it dries up (tomorrow) I will be setting up the camera on the bike and using that and seeing how it all works out.

Also I need to get going on a new camera in the near future but we shall see what happens in regards to that.

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

For a broke ass student you have a newer car and bike than me! Lol :D
I bought the car about a year and a half before deciding to go back to school full time. I honestly should have bought the VW I was considering at the time as I would really like ot have a more economical car right now, I was looking at a VW turbo diesel hatchback. At the time when I bought it everything was good to go and had no issues. I only have a couple more years and she's paid off and I have a good 4-5 more years of school. So no point in me trading it in for something else, at least not right now. I've actually considered downgrading a few times just to get gas mileage.

As for the bike, I got an awesome deal on it that was too good to pass up. I probably paid as much as many people would pay for a lightly used FZ6R.

With some things it's all in how you wait for the right moment to buy.

I'm considering using a college loan to pay off what's left on the car because then I will just have the college loans to worry about and nothing else (well, the bike but that's a really small amount) and can start paying on them right away. It's all a debate in my mind and I'm not sure where I'm going to go with them.

I kind of miss having a normal job and mediocre pay check right now but I know it will pay off in the end.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

From experience, I say use the school stuff for school, don't redistribute those funds!
IDK man, I have to have a long discussion with a couple friends that are accountants. Try to get their opinions on the topic.

For me it would free up a lot of monthly funds so that I can more easily make it the next few years. I have to really sit down and weigh out the options.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member