Got it!!!!

EsrTek

Been lurking here and gettin info on the bike deciding if I wanted to buy a FZ6R......

Welp got a great deal I couldn't pass up...
So after 2yrs and 10.5k miles, of having my '11 250R, I have traded her in on a 2013 Yamaha FZ6R.

Only put 4miles on her to get her home, won't get a real chance to ride her until the weekend, but so far she is very smooth and I love the inline 4 sound!! :thumbup:

Without further ado here she is:

Kayo7

Very nice, your gonna love it. Congrats

SpawnXX

Premium Member

EsrTek

Originally from Chicago, make my home outside of Nashville, TN now.
I love the new color scheme, the red frame really did it for me. Seeing as I got nearly 3k of white gear lat yr, I wanted another white bike (plus seems cagers see the white bikes easier than black).

PS - I hate searching, anyone got quick links to buy:
fender eliminator
Flush mount turn signals (ones that don't flash super fast)
frame sliders
better windscreen

Fizzer6R

nice! dig the red frame :cool:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

LED turn signals will flash double time unless you a) buy high quality ones with resisitors built in, or b) put a resistor on your bike. Pay attention to if the signals you get are regular bulbs or LED. If you look up these parts on eBay you'll get a ton of hits. It's the easiest one-stop-shop going for this type of stuff. From there, you get what you pay for, so you can decide if you want cheap or expensive stuff.

Nice looking bike, BTW. You'll love it.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SurfJunkie

Welcome to family !

I personally like the "fast flash" of the LED signals un-altered. Grabs more attention IMO. Ive got LED signals both front and rear and never bothered to install resistors or a resistor box.

I dig the white on red frame scheme. White wheels w red stripes would be uber sexy as well :)

Bert-Aus

Welcome!

Nice frame, looks very sexy!
Careful you have just started an adulterous relationship with a wanting ride...
you may never see your family again:wreck:

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

Thanks for finally allowing us to acknowledge you here as a member of our totally awesome forum....... lurker. :D

And, Congrats on the bike! Beautiful. I love the colors!

lukeb817

Been lurking here and gettin info on the bike deciding if I wanted to buy a FZ6R......

Welp got a great deal I couldn't pass up...
So after 2yrs and 10.5k miles, of having my '11 250R, I have traded her in on a 2013 Yamaha FZ6R.

Only put 4miles on her to get her home, won't get a real chance to ride her until the weekend, but so far she is very smooth and I love the inline 4 sound!! :thumbup:

Without further ado here she is:
Congrats! I'm a big fan of the white fairings with the red frame on the '13 FZ6R. Like you, I've been lurking here researching for awhile, I will probably pull the trigger later this month and trade in my 2011 CBR250R. I test rode a white '12 FZ6R a few weeks ago on one of the recent unseasonably warm days and really liked it; the dealer offered to cut $800 off the price of the '12 before I even asked, and made a more than fair offer on my trade-in, but I just love that red frame on the '13 so much I don't think I can pass it up, even if it means paying $800 more than the '12. Are you willing to share what kind of "great deal" you got on your '13?

Thanks!

EsrTek

Are you willing to share what kind of "great deal" you got on your '13?
Thanks!
My dealer didn't have a white '12, but I still would've paid the extra for red frame. Although probably cheaper to pull fairings off and paint yourself, it's not worth my time and I suck at paint..... So if like me, get the '13, otherwise get the '12.

The deal wasn't so much on the FZ, but more so my trade in. I refused to pay sticker so they gave me bike for 7,700 instead of 7,997. My trade they gave me 2,500 for my 250 (they didn't see some of the damaged parts never replaced, just spray painted black). I was looking at selling it for 2k personally, so only expected about 1,200 on trade.

EsrTek

picked up these parts so far:
DMP FE
Rumble's Flush mount LEDs + Relay
rear led arrow shaped stalk signals
t-rex frame sliders w/ red accents

Still deciding on the windscreen, between puig touring and yami DB.

Later mods =
PC5 (or anything to boost HP w/o going to aftermarket exhaust)
Clip-ons
adjustable suspension replacements

thanks all for input..

Taking my new girl for her first spin (about 30min ride each way) and then chaining the oil/filter. I have to put another 1-200 on her by Friday and change oil again.
Then off to her first tail of the dragon run for the year hopefully on Sat :)

PS- Any rally's comin up?

lukeb817

My dealer didn't have a white '12, but I still would've paid the extra for red frame. Although probably cheaper to pull fairings off and paint yourself, it's not worth my time and I suck at paint..... So if like me, get the '13, otherwise get the '12.

The deal wasn't so much on the FZ, but more so my trade in. I refused to pay sticker so they gave me bike for 7,700 instead of 7,997. My trade they gave me 2,500 for my 250 (they didn't see some of the damaged parts never replaced, just spray painted black). I was looking at selling it for 2k personally, so only expected about 1,200 on trade.
Thanks for the details! Congrats again!