GoPro3 Position test

EsrTek

Testing out new GoPro and trying to find a good mount point.
I like the helmet, as it shows what I'm looking at. I will try a few more spots, and see which is liked better.
This is first in a few, and the longest (4mins), as I used this to learn movie maker :wreck:

Tell me what you think, should camera be up more, down etc etc...:thumbup:

1st GoPro Test - YouTube

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

EsrTek

Thanks, I also like the ability to see my dash and hands a bit.. However, w the speeds I ride at I'm not sure having my speedo visible is best thing..don't know if the cops can send ya a ticket via youtube proof.

The only I'm not liking about the helmet spot(s) is how odd you look and ppl asking "is that a camera?" Then I'm forced to reply, no it's so lights change colors.

JonKerr

Elite Member

EsrTek

Helmet cams never really did it for me. I made one and just didn't really like it a lot. Mainly because a lot of the videos I make are on tight twisty canyon roads and because the wide angle camera is so high and I have my head turned into the corners and try to keep my head level to the ground, it tends to visually straighten out the roads. You kind of lose some of the twistyness (is that a real word?? :eyebrow: ) I think maybe trying a mount form the side like in the same area a Chatterbox would mount so you can see the chinbar and visor might be cool.
I noticed that on my vid while editing, I may try w/o widescreen next time.

Side note*-- Still tryin to figure why youtube has the vid in 1080p when it was recorded in 720p.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Crpngdth

when you hit the nitrous at 2:07, i got worried you werent gonna be able to stop for that light ;). nice vid and grats on the gopro.

EsrTek

That was with the curved, sticky mount on the top of the helmet? I'm asking because I kind of like the idea. Show where I'm looking, show what I'm seeing.

It doesn't make the most exciting video. But that's not really what I'm after. I like the bar mount to show the road. I like the idea of the cam on the helm to show what I'm doing.

I've been considering the sticky-mount on the side of the helmet, to kind of get a happy compromise. Any thoughts?
I did use the curved mount for it. Personally, I'm not liking the side of helmet mount options. To me it sticks out to far and with objects on both sides of helmet, it makes it hard to put on/off. (I have a sena smh10 on left side).
Only other real options I'm considering on helmet is the inside the visor mount...if i can figure out how to do it.
I did take the mount off and re-positioned it about 1.5" towards front more.
I can open my visor less, but enough it's not in view, but the camera isn't so high and looks less obtrusive.

I think its the wide angle and no music/commentary that makes it bit more boring. I got the mic adapter being shipped in. I plan on testing the view angles w/ new position this weekend. I'll probably try the front of bike as a spot too, might need a suction cup for that though.

when you hit the nitrous at 2:07, i got worried you werent gonna be able to stop for that light ;). nice vid and grats on the gopro.
Thanks... I debated the gopro because I have one of those keychain camera's for my 250. Which was alright, but had no real way to mount it. I will probably fab something up to make it a rear view camera once I replace it's SD card.
Very happy I got the GoPro, the keychain qauilty is alright but not great.