GoPro video of dumb drivers

xJoshuaDrakex

Here is a little video I put together of stupid cagers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0_uNbfhcbw"]Nashville Drivers - YouTube[/ame]

Fizzer6R

wow nuts! you should post this vid in every new member thread saying this is what you need to expect :mad:

BTW - might I suggest instead of revving the bike, lay on the horn as they'd prob hear you more... :D

xJoshuaDrakex

wow nuts! you should post this vid in every new member thread saying this is what you need to expect :mad:

BTW - might I suggest instead of revving the bike, lay on the horn as they'd prob hear you more... :D
Yeah but the horn just doesn't sound as good. Haha. :cool:

orourkei

gotta send the horn idea. Those drivers didn't respond to the revving at all. the white bmw kept creeping out as you approached and revved. lots of close calls.

floki

Definitely worth every penny if you pick one up. Even the stock horn is more audible than your rear facing exhaust though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastFreddy

I suppose a Stebel Nautilus would have to do if you can't fit 40 mm grenade launchers like Chuck Norris in that movie where he's blowing up baddies with his dirtbike.

Bert-Aus

Josh, not to be a jerk but that video is nothing but a normal day for most riders in Aus.

Couple things I observed from your video and some things that you can do to make yourself 'seen' more readily
Ride more visible in lanes!
a: when in a single lane road ~ ride to the right near the centre line of the roadway except when cresting a hill or heavy traffic

b: multiple lanes ~ move around within your lane, weave as if you are warming your tires if need be, to "scare" or alert others to your presence

c: NEVER sit within a cagers blind zone - if can not see directly to the drivers eyes they can not see you! Especially that truck!

d: Those cars pulling out on you at T junctions, only that white car coming from the right deserved a hand shake really, there was so much time for them to pull in.

e: Get a louder horn or hold your thumb on it for a substantial "TTTTOOOOOOOOTTT M*F**ka!"

One last thing, that rider who came past you and disappeared around that car, that's how I ride! I don't waste time waving my arms at cagers I just get the f*@k away from them

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

adamo3957

You can see my comment in the video, clear 50/50 split between examples of bad riding and bad driving...

What I will say is make yourself visible! A change in speed at a junction or movement on the road alerts someone to the fact your there!

Main things to me that I saw are little to no movement in your lane. ( basically hides the fact your there)

Delayed / slow reactions, some of these people are already in the lane before you attempt to slow or manoeuvre. (Reflexes are what will keep you alive, how can you expect to avoid something if you can't move fast enough)

Using the motor as a horn. The exhaust points backwards, they can't hear it if they have the stereo on. Also this costs you time because your using braking/accelerating time because your revving a motor.

And a lack in ability to read the road. It's clear what these guys are going to do, look for movement in the wheels not the drivers.

And silly little things like that junction where you went even tho the road is blocked, the car is trying to move out of the way, you've lost patience and decided to go for a small gap. It only takes that gap to shrink before your eating tarmac.

I know that this sounds aggressive as a post but man, you've got it easy when you compare that to my commute.

xJoshuaDrakex

Thanks for the replies and input guys. I honestly anticipated most of those close calls. I ride where I can always see everyone out of my mirrors and know where everyone is around me. You not seeing me reacting fast enough was me showing them how they pulled out on me or got over on me. I know the horn is much louder, but when your in the moment that kinda stuff makes you mad so I'd rather rev something that sounds big and bad other than a little moped sounding horn. Yes these things don't happen every day but this video was mostly intended to show other riders to be watchful of cagers not paying attention.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

adamo3957

The problem is that they've pulled out on you, no matter how big and bad your bike may be, it will loose to the car that hits you, no matter what you do, if you piss off one of these cars and he's like some people in Perth, he will kill you.

You can just be that biker that pushed him over the edge, and now he will try to run you over.

WARNING GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF MOTORCYCLIST BEING RUN OVER. NOT FOR SQUEAMISH. (Sorry about caps but do not read unless you understand this)

We had one guy in Perth, calmly rode along the freeway, no lane splitting or racing along, and a Toyota hilux caught the back of his bike while merging into his lane. So the bloke on the bike is now wedged under the front of the car, the bike pinning him to the tarmac as the bike is caught under the bull bar of the car. The car continued to drive with him like that for about a mile!

Eventually he was spat out from under the car and run over for a second time by a van in the next lane.

The car driver then stopped, pulled the wreckage from under the front of his car and drove home.

Now the driver was arrested the same day 2 hours later, but that will never bring the rider back. He was in his 30s, wife 2 kids, personally I knew the guy, he was a great bloke, it brought a lot of Perth riders to their knees because of this incident. And I know people that haven't ridden since this happened (this was this year by the way).

You have no safety from a car tearing you up. So don't stay near them.

adamo3957

And that isn't the only incident I could list from this year, we've had someone t-boned by a taxi where the rider was thrown through the window of a coffee shop, head on incidents with cars crossing. Even yesterday another rider was killed on his way home. So far this year in my city there has been 6 riders killed and we only have a population of 1.7m people here.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member