GoPro Mounting?

Rich007

Just picked up a new GoPro 3 Black with a bunch of attachments and the suction base but not sure were to mount it. I can't stick it on my helmet because of Washington state laws, I have a tinted windscreen so I'd rather not be looking through it. I did ride in this morning with it suction mounted on the side just above the LH blinker but it looks like it may vibrate a little too much. I forgot my cable at home so I can't look at the video till I get home from work tonight.

Also is there any free video software I can download better than Windows Media Player for the GoPro. I would have thought GoPro would come with some sort of software.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I thought the 3 came with Cineform or something like that from GoPro.

Get creative with the suction cup and sticky mounts. I had used the suction cup on the fairing and it didnt rattle at all.

I just use Movie Maker and it works great for what I want to do with it.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

bmw675

I always use windows movie maker that comes free on "normal" computers. I'm cheap, and it works. :zombie:

I've had good luck with the sticky mounts, they come off without hurting the paint. You can put those anywhere, but the stickies are a one time use.

I'd recommend tethering it or safety wiring it to something as well. You don't want to loose the camera going down the road.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member