Goodbye FZ6R, hello S1000RR

cyberal

I fell in love with the BMW S1000RR while riding it at Laguna Seca while attending the California Superbike School. It took me a quite a few months of planning, but I finally bit the bullet and got myself one. I wish I could have kept the FZ6R but for financial reasons it made sense to trade it in.

The night before the trade, I spent a good few hours saying goodbye, cleaning her up, uninstalling some accessories, thanking her for all the good times and lessons learned, and wishing her the best with the future owner.

This is my last picture with her:

And here's my new bike:

JSP

Super Moderator
Oh my... Damn beautiful bike. One of the top bikes that I would like to own. Just plain sexy.

RoadTrip

Sweet, gots the S1000RR, the Dainese, lookin good - you a Cali boy now, for sure. Get out to Mulholland and show us a knee draggin on Rnickeymouse. Congrats!

Oh, ha ha, you can also turn off the sales pitch (e.g. are you married?); 'honey, we are losing money if I keep this FZ6R, the S1000RR makes so much more financial sense', he he, ya right.

Last edited:

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
what's with the asymmetry of the left and right panels? and with the headlights? i tried to find an answer online and all anyone has to say about it is that it's a "bmw thing". can anyone shed any light on this?
It's a BMW thing. ;)

cyberal

dang. beautiful new bike you got there! don't be a stranger 'round here now.
I'm definitely gonna stay around here. I feel the community here is much better than the s1000rr forum :)

what's with the asymmetry of the left and right panels? and with the headlights? i tried to find an answer online and all anyone has to say about it is that it's a "bmw thing". can anyone shed any light on this?

i'm not taking away from the bike, it's a damn nice bike as i said before, just curious why the styling isn't symmetrical.
There are good reasons for it. Watch this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9SIS4izLqE]BMW S1000RR Asymmetric Styling Explained - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: Rob

JSP

Super Moderator
ahhhh, i get it now. it's a BMW thing. thanks for clearing that up. haha :bitchslap:
:) Anytime. I am full of wisdom. I can answer all of lifes mysteries. :thumbup:

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

arse

Wow. That thing is bauce. I too am interested how it makes more financial sense, can ride to Cali to trade mine in :rofl:

cyberal

What I meant is that it made more sense to trade my bike in than to have two bikes (x2 parking, x2 insurance, etc.)

The trade-in value was pretty good (based on NADA listings) and saved me the hassle of a private sell.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member
Last edited: