Good over the ear headphones?

06330i

Any recommendations on good ones? I'm trying to stay under $200. By most of the reviews I've read online, most of the beats by dre are junk, basically just paying for the name and the sake of following the fad. My sisters beats tour broke a week after she got them, and the beats solo hd seem cheaply made for $180. Not a huge fan of bose either although they have nice earbuds for around $90. Has anyone here used the SOL Republic tracks or tracks hd headphones? They're fairly priced and got really good reviews almost everywhere I've read. Michael Phelps endorses them as well.

JSP

Super Moderator
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 and I think they are great. Cheap too, but name brand quality.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-202-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003LPTAYI]Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black): Electronics[/ame]

BKP

I've got the Sennheiser RS180... a little pricey, but *well* worth it. My criteria was:
  • Comfort
  • Wireless RF (as opposed to line of sight)
  • Battery life, and simple recharge
  • Range
  • Obviously sound quality

Great headphones... I can travel anywhere in the house, with no signal loss or degradation. All the controls (volume, power, etc.) are on the headphones. I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries (1 AAA in each side), and forget about them... the transmitter/cradle is the re-charger.

Last edited:

Deathdiesel

Over-Ear - Head-Fi.org Community

DO NOT JOIN THIS FORUMN. I did it, and while im glad I did, ive officially spent over $1500 on headphone gear/headphones. Dont get me wrong, I love my current headphones, and god do they sound awesome, but I did spend some change on em. And read 90% of the reviews on there with a grain of salt, some people on there are ridiculous and will spend $40,000 on headphones, and it really is outrageous at times.

Beats are awful, seriously. What kind of music do you listen to? If you like I can give you a decent reccomendation for around 100-200$, or your preffered price range.

06330i

Over-Ear - Head-Fi.org Community

DO NOT JOIN THIS FORUMN. I did it, and while im glad I did, ive officially spent over $1500 on headphone gear/headphones. Dont get me wrong, I love my current headphones, and god do they sound awesome, but I did spend some change on em. And read 90% of the reviews on there with a grain of salt, some people on there are ridiculous and will spend $40,000 on headphones, and it really is outrageous at times.

Beats are awful, seriously. What kind of music do you listen to? If you like I can give you a decent reccomendation for around 100-200$, or your preffered price range.
Typically I listen to a lot of hip hop and dubstep/techno/edm etc etc.

Deathdiesel

OKay, last two questions, open or closed design? And how will you be using them? At a computer desk all day, or on the go walking places and etc.