Good or Bad idea?

Newmason

Does it come off while you ride with it? Couldnt see why it wouldnt work, unless you have a tank bag

Heineken

Elite Member

WarEagle07

Havent tried it yet it just came to me either as an idea or a brain fart ill let you guys know which later. It seems to stick very well, I tugged on it some and it didnt come off. Maybe Ill attach something to it to catch it if it falls.

WarEagle07

HOLY CRAP!! How do you keep it all powered? I am looking into something that will keep my stuff charged especially my chatterbox

xplodnstar

There's still room for a warming cup holder on the right. :p

Last edited:

MikeN02

I just got a suction cup from Photo and Hobby for my camera... I was really scared of it at first but I mounted it on my tank, and helmet going triple digits and it didn't fall off, I was surprised. Also mounted it on my tail, and didn't fall.

Depends on how good the product is, the one at best buy got bad reviews so I looked else where.

pilninggas

i have a waterproof holder for my tomtom one (W.E. Ed) and it has a fake ram-mount with a clamp that goes onto the handlebars. As like some of you i am worried about losing it whilst riding along, i use a lanyard which i put round the handlebars and then slip to the tomtom. It's in a good position (way better than trying to use a tomtom in a tankbag), as its in the natural field of vision and it does not obscure anything else.

All good as it only cost £10:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Waterproof-bike-case-mount-for-TomTom-One-V2-V3-V4_W0QQitemZ320500926073QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET?hash=item4a9f580679#ht_2860wt_982

Last edited:

Kleinfalls

Is that a magnet mount or suction cup?
I would not trust a suction cup for that application.

That I think is a good idea, provided that is a strong magnet, if you want to see a bad idea...

whats the thing to the left of the iphone??? 3 buttons?

at least if you get pulled over for speeding you can say - sorry officer i couldn't see my speedometer LOL

arkkornkid

a little off topic, but thought I'd ask any way

if you don't mind: while driving around, check the speedometer against what your GPS reads to see just how bad off the speedo is.

Most of us know they're off a bit, and I just haven't gotten around to charging up my GPS to see.

Thanks in advance.

xplodnstar

if you don't mind: while driving around, check the speedometer against what your GPS reads to see just how bad off the speedo is.

Most of us know they're off a bit, and I just haven't gotten around to charging up my GPS to see.

Thanks in advance.
I have the speedo to the radar signs in my area. I find it to be 5% off (speedo = 40, radar = 38). I know those things aren't accurate either, but good to know.

Mc17

I dont no if you have checked it by now but.. i did and it varies, i think of it is its about 10% off..

DutchPaul

9-10% according to my GPS.

On the dark (haha) side....when you sell the bike... the odometer is 9-10% off too lol

Last edited:

JnT4Life

9-10% according to my GPS.

On the bright side....when you sell the bike... the odometer is 9-10% off too lol
Yes but its 10% off against you = more miles showing than it actually has.

stevet

I mounted my GPS on a handlebar mount. I think that looking down at the tank instead of the road for any period of time may be a safety hazard kind of like texting.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

frelay

Thanks in advance.
When my speedometer indicates 130km/h, my Zumo says I am doing 120km/h. In general, there's a difrence of about 8% between reality and our optimistic speedometer.

Harda toenail

Try it but be sure to have a strap on it attached to something on the bike. Because if it falls off on the highway, you won't be out a gps

Edit: didn't see someone already showcased this on page 2. Oh well. Have fun and enjoy the ride, don't worry about crap falling off lol

Superzoom

WarEagle,

I'd have to also say that it would be better to mount it on the handlebars like most others. It allows to you to watch the road with your peripheral vision while you're glancing at your GPS, while if it's on your tank, there's no way you can also keep an eye on the road. Therefore, I think the tank mount is much less safe.

A complete RAM-mount should cost you $15 for the ball, $15 for the arm, and $10 for the cradle.

So for your safety's sake, I'd rather see you with a handlebar mount.