:( Gone... :D

ajiribarren

Kind of mixed feelings today... I ended trading my beloved XJ6... She was such a great bike and we had a blast this year, but maybe she was too much of a "good girl"...

Gone naked now ;)

ajiribarren

Actually, is a Kawasaki Z750 2010.

I test rode the Z1000, the new 2011 and it appeared to be too much for the street and for my skill level, and also a lot more money, like 5 grand more than the Z750.

So far, this Z has been ridiculous fun. Just picked it up today, and spent most of the day riding and getting acquainted to the new machine. Definitively the lack of a windscreen is noticeable, specially when riding on the highway. I had forgotten what it felt to hold on the bars for your life when accelerating :p

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

NoDoze

Congrats! This bike looks just like the naked bike I wanted from Kawasaki - the ER-6N (600cc). The only difference I see is the bigger displacement.

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajiribarren

Thanx everyone!!

On the highway I miss my XJ6, the screen did its job more than the little bikini fairing on the Z. The seating position is a little different, but the weight is felt lower and its quite easy to toss around the city in my commute, splitting and filtering.

The Z750 has been around for quite some time. First Gen was 2004 to 2007. Second Gen 2007 till now. 104 hp claimed, a a little bit on the porky side on weight, when its compared to the Street Triple. Right now, with the introduction of the FZ8 and Suzuki's GSR750, the market has seen a lot of competition, and Kawasaki made some great rebates that I couldn't resist.

The FZ8 is around 4 grand more than what I paid for the Kawi, and the GSR750 is 2 grand more. I loved the FZ8, took a white one for a test ride, but since is so new there were no rebates. The Kawi made more sense in the end, and couldn't be happier.

I'll still stick around. This forum is one of the best I participate!

dcBear78

Nice choice... I was contemplating the exact same move... Either FZ8 or Z750 with the later being the preferred option. Ended up deciding I didn't mind my bike and would save some money, keep it a bit longer. But have had to get a 2 Bros exhaust to keep me happy (arrived today...woot!).

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ajiribarren

Nice choice... I was contemplating the exact same move... Either FZ8 or Z750 with the later being the preferred option. Ended up deciding I didn't mind my bike and would save some money, keep it a bit longer. But have had to get a 2 Bros exhaust to keep me happy (arrived today...woot!).
Great! You are going to love the sound of an aftermarket exhaust on the FZ6R! BTW, did you buy the PCV as well? I had one installed on the XJ6 that I took off, if you are interested PM me, I was going to offer it in Netrider.

Cheers mate

ajiribarren

W00t that's a lovely bike! sexy sexy. Hey post pics on this thread as you see fit. We'd love to see more of it from time to time. It'll give you something to visit for.
Thanks Uno979! I sure will!

I still haven't found a Kawi forum as comprehensive and helpful as this one, so i don't mind sticking here for a while hehe :D

dcBear78

Great! You are going to love the sound of an aftermarket exhaust on the FZ6R! BTW, did you buy the PCV as well? I had one installed on the XJ6 that I took off, if you are interested PM me, I was going to offer it in Netrider.

Cheers mate
Yeah, I got a Juice Box to go on there as well.... What am I doing here? I should be out putting it on right now!!!