go pro hero 3 - wavey video

Rich007

So here's the deal now, I have it mounted on my tank with a suction mount, download the video and go to watch and it's all jittery. There is nothing smooth about it at all. It's the newest Hero 3 black.

mashuga

Return it.

You guys should check out Adobe Premiere it's a little more advanced but way more options...

Native editing of almost all resolutions, you need a beast of a machine if you you work with anything over 1080, but it can handle it.

Effects, text, adjustments, u name it.

Pm me with any questions on it and I can help out.

Last edited:

Rich007

So will Best Buy take it back and refund me my money? I have only had it a few weeks.

mashuga

They told me 14 days, or 60 if u are reward zone silver ha.

But I had no problems, they wanted me to exchange it I said nope, and got all my money no restock fee either..

Sascha

Go pro alternative

Your other option is to get the sony action cam. way better low light video and full hd clarity. Aaaaaannnd steady shot! I use mine riding, surfing, bicycling, and anything else I want and it is always steady and good quality.
Just my two cents.

BoneJj

So here's the deal now, I have it mounted on my tank with a suction mount, download the video and go to watch and it's all jittery. There is nothing smooth about it at all. It's the newest Hero 3 black.
I get the same problem when I tank mount mine, it's the vibration from your bike that causes this. I had to move to a helmet mount to stop that. I haven't found any other spots on the bike that don't cause this issue.

If you want wicked smooth then you need to move to a balance shaft motor or a better camera mount.

BoneJj

Your other option is to get the sony action cam. way better low light video and full hd clarity. Aaaaaannnd steady shot! I use mine riding, surfing, bicycling, and anything else I want and it is always steady and good quality.
Just my two cents.
The sony is a nice cam but it's missing a lot of functionality.

I really dislike that when you try to go over 30fps then your audio gets nixed. I find that rather stupid. Just because I'm recording at 60+fps doesn't mean I don't want the audio as well.

Anyway, I have the contour+2 and I rather like it.

Rich007

GoPro is gone, they took it back, no questions asked.
Now I have to find something that works.

BoneJj

GoPro is gone, they took it back, no questions asked.
Now I have to find something that works.
But the camera wasn't the problem, it was the vibration from the bike. You need a better mount to take the shock/vibration from the bike. Supposedly the RAM mounts help a lot with that. I've been considering ordering one to see if it solves the problem for when I tank mount.

Th only camera that I know of that is made to somewhat compensate for this is the sony but even still it doesn't do that well from some of the test video that I've seen on youtube.