Gloves

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

nlpyle

My buddy has a pair of Frank Thomas gloves and he seems to like those. My gloves are the DAINESE Hellfire EVO Motorcycle Gloves and I have no issues with them what so ever but I also bought last years model so I saved some money that way. Best of luck on your glove search.

btastarsky

Right now, I'm using a pair of gloves that aren't meant for riding, but they work pretty good regardless. They are made by VooDoo Tactical. They feature full leather construction, hard (plastic perhaps) knuckles, and a wraparound velcro system on the wrist. They aren't full gauntlet, but they are super comfortable, extremely durable, and only cost about $20 from Cheaperthandirt.com.

Attachments

Yone

I have a pair of fairly cheap FirstGear gloves, with the hard carbon/plastic knuckle guards and air vents. I'm pleased thus far...

mekberg

I have a pair of fairly cheap FirstGear gloves, with the hard carbon/plastic knuckle guards and air vents. I'm pleased thus far...
I have these same gloves as my local shop was out of Alpinestars gloves in my size (Medium, go figure). I like them a lot so far. Not bad for only $25.

KelownaKeith

I think you have to balance protection with flexibility. When I started biking early in the year I purchased a pair on Icon Long Merc Gloves. They look cool and have a ton of protection. Only problem is you can't "feel" the bike with them. And they weren't terribly flexible.

So in early summer I bought a pair of Advanced Glove Five gloves (I hadn't heard of the brand either). They have less protection but the feel you get for the bike is a world apart from the Icon. Very flexible and therefore I think safer.

If I happened to fall off the bike I would rather have the Icons on, but I think there is less a chance of falling with a glove that lets you ride your bike better.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Yone

I have these same gloves as my local shop was out of Alpinestars gloves in my size (Medium, go figure). I like them a lot so far. Not bad for only $25.
Do they make your hands go numb/fall asleep after a little time on the bike? I can't figure out if it's the gloves or if I just have a death grip on the throttle...

fstrthan_uthink

I wear a pair of Joe Rocket Atomic 2.0 gloves. Bought 'em online for like $30 or something. I like them, they're comfortable for central Florida weather :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

mekberg

Do they make your hands go numb/fall asleep after a little time on the bike? I can't figure out if it's the gloves or if I just have a death grip on the throttle...
Yeah I get that sometimes. I always thought I was just too tense and needed to relax. Could be something that's cutting off circulation.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered some new gloves from New Enough. They are the Scorpion Recon gloves. They are waterproof and have a removable insulated liner. They look like racing gloves and have some decent protection. I can't wait to get them and try 'em out!

Scorpion Recon Motorcycle Gloves :: New Enough, LTD

todd311

Question....

How are you determining sizes? The various gloves I have tried on seems like I can go with one size or another? Most of the gloves I want or see are would be purchased on-line. I really cannot find a local retailer that has any gloves I like. I guess I can buy them and return them if incorrect size, but I was trying to avoid that if possible....

Thanks,
Todd

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Verranth

I just ordered some new gloves from New Enough. They are the Scorpion Recon gloves. They are waterproof and have a removable insulated liner. They look like racing gloves and have some decent protection. I can't wait to get them and try 'em out!

Scorpion Recon Motorcycle Gloves :: New Enough, LTD
DUDE!!!!:D So whats the deal with the gloves? Are they any good? I am really hurting for a good pair of warm gloves. Help a brother out please. :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
DUDE!!!!:D So whats the deal with the gloves? Are they any good? I am really hurting for a good pair of warm gloves. Help a brother out please. :thumbup:
Man, these gloves are GREAT!! It has been getting to be around the low 50's in the mornings and these gloves keep my hands warm with no problem. Then, when I head home it has been in the upper 80's and the gloves don't overheat my hands. And I don't even have the thermal liner in. I bet that when it gets even colder, the liner will still keep my hands warm.

The gloves were a little stiff when I first got them, but as they get broken in, there is more sensitivity for the controls. In my opinion, these are a great set of gloves!!

Verranth

Man, these gloves are GREAT!! It has been getting to be around the low 50's in the mornings and these gloves keep my hands warm with no problem. Then, when I head home it has been in the upper 80's and the gloves don't overheat my hands. And I don't even have the thermal liner in. I bet that when it gets even colder, the liner will still keep my hands warm.

The gloves were a little stiff when I first got them, but as they get broken in, there is more sensitivity for the controls. In my opinion, these are a great set of gloves!!
Excellent! Thanks a lot. I'm off to newenough to put in my order for these gloves and the automag leather overpants =)

nc_fz6r

Fieldsheer Sonic Air II Gloves

Bought these from Motorcycle Superstore. $39.00 which I think is a great deal. They are longer then a short-cuff, but shorter then a full gauntlet. They're light, but feel substantial enough to offer protection in a fall. They breathe good in 80 degree weather with 50 degree mornings... I think they'll work fine down to 40-50 degrees no problem.

Fieldsheer Sonic Air II Gloves

Last edited:

Verranth

Bad Scorpion...bad!!!

So, after an exciting review from 2 posts earlier, I ordered a set of Scorpion EXO Recon in size "L". They fit well without the liner, and with the liner they are a little tight. They are really warm and fleece lining is very nice!

Unfortunately, their "EXO armor" SUCKS!!! The armor itself is made of some metal pieces that are placed between the leather and the inner liner. The problem is not with safety but with how my hands fits into it. Those metal piece are molded with edges that are too sharp and too narrow for my, apparantly, big hand. Those damn things are cutting into my knuckle every time I make a fist. Perhaps they are a size too small for me or something. All I know is that I have to return these before my knuckle bleeds out from all that scraping.

It really sucks cause I really like the gloves, but I cant have bloddy pinkies. :eek: