GIVI PLXR364 + V35's, Passenger experiences? (and pics)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Man those things are huge. :eek:
Our little bikes look odd with something that big.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I always get on the bike first and have my wife just use the left passenger peg and grab me for leverage to climb on. We have the topcase too, so it's not the easiest feat. It is especially difficult for her in riding pants.

I think Marthy's idea is pretty great honestly. We'll have to try that.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

The "bitch seat" (not calling anyone's wife or girlfriend one, just a term) on mine will never see anyone on top of it. :)
Wife just sold her 650 VStar and we just picked up a Vulcan 900 for her, let the good times roll. :)
I broke down and put some MotoCentric on mine, she just bought some Givi for her new ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

tobymax

givi

I have always wondered how useful, and secure, those carrying cases are. Are they just for people that go on weekend trips? Do you, or can you, leave your helmet in one? do you carry groceries in them? picnic stuff? I ride to work frequently, but not always, and just use a military backpack for an extra shirt, food, docs, laptop, etc. If i go out i only pack the essentials and, if i have a passenger, i have her carry the backpack...:D. Those cases are cool looking, but are they worth their price when it comes to what you can carry and how secure/safe things are in them? I dont even leave my helmet with the bike just in case some a-hole decides to take the visor off. I am currently happy schlepping, if need to, either one of my backpacks (lite or heavy "deployment"). I know nothing is theft proof, i just wonder if those cases are worth it.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

If you could move the rider foot peg forward 3" to 4" inches it would give a better rider position, and move the legs away from the bags a little. :confused:

Carry all kind of things in the soft bags, glass, ceramic, food, clothes, milk, laundry soap, you name it, if it fits it goes. :)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member