Getting tired of my single headlight

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I had contemplated doing a dual projector outfit, but I haven't gotten started on it yet. It will take quite a bit of fabrication and fiberglass work to get it done. But anything is possible with time and money.

owldaddy

Why would you do that? For more light riding at night, or for the look your trying for? If you just need more light, then you can add some, if it is for the cool look, then have fun, this could get messy lol. Maybe fitting a different fairing that is more to your liking might work.

NoDoze

I used to have dual-light envy for a while and then it just wore off by thinking my next bike (in addition to the FZ6R of course) will have a dual headlight setup.

How about putting lights into the fake air intake? hahah :D Then you'll have three lights. Outfit a lens over the holes too!

Let us know what you come up with. :thumbup:

Detrich

The Decepticon shape of our headlamp assembly would make it hard to mod the housing- tho, I don't see why you couldn't figure out a way to install two bulbs inside there with some custom fabrication... That said, I like the distinct look of the 6R's single headlight for it's sleek and aggressive look. I think in Australia and Europe Yamaha released a 250 with dual headlamps similar to the R6... Well, both the single and the dual look nice to me. Here's another pix side-by-side contrast...

Jay S.

I used to have dual-light envy for a while and then it just wore off by thinking my next bike (in addition to the FZ6R of course) will have a dual headlight setup.

How about putting lights into the fake air intake? hahah :D Then you'll have three lights. Outfit a lens over the holes too!

Let us know what you come up with. :thumbup:
I've seen this done on a GSX650F and it looked pretty damn nice when it was completed. I'll see if I can find the thread/pics...

NoDoze

I've seen this done on a GSX650F and it looked pretty damn nice when it was completed. I'll see if I can find the thread/pics...
Yes please! I want to see what the possibilities are. Then if it's cool, I'll have to put my 5-pod LED somewhere else :p

NoDoze

From the forum suggested above:

He used these:

$19.99 Each @ Oznium.com

Navigator 512W Driving Lights:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Navigator-NV-512W-Cyber-White-Driving/dp/B000BQMXOE"]$22.90 @ Amazon[/ame]

Might be able to put that LED that Mike1000 recommended. Take it apart and use those bright LEDs:

Or this one:

Last edited: