Get yourself a "nuts & bolts" check too

applejax

Did you ever had the chance to read Born to Run? Great book! We all can run... this is the reason why we are on top of the food chain!
I'm referring to what muscle fibers our parents passed down to us.

I can't run distance for shit, but sprinting, squatting, dead lifting, clean/jerk, etc. I have no problem with. My legs have always been great at explosive/power movements rather than distance running.

Really don't want to go off topic, but no way humans " running" is the reason we are on the top of the food chain.

Last edited:

KeysRider3

Thanks for the telling us about the loss of your friend, and urging us to take as good care of ourselves as we do our bikes.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

sorry for your loss :( sucks when you hit the middle age range and this starts happening to friends and family

dcBear78

Thought this was about checking your own nuts and bolts...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgByLLQwSw&feature=share]Rhian Touches Herself HD - YouTube[/ame]

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

You mean you haven't heard of the "Book of Marthy", it is like, Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, Marthy.
It starts out; He layeth his hand on a pile of metal and rubber and sayeth, "let there be motorcycle." :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

We lost Davey Jones yesterday at 66 and Andrew Breitbart today at 43 due to heart failure.

When I went to my Dr a few years ago he told me I had the heart murmur from Hell. loud...really loud...He sent me to a cardiologist who confirmed it was a murmur but was fine. Just a noisy one...and approved me to pilot aircraft.
As you age, the maximum rate that your heart can beat gets lower and there are guidelines for that so you don't give yourself a heart attack. MHR = 220 - Age. So at 53 I was prepping for a inline skate marathon and my monitor said I was doing 186 for the last 2 miles of a fast 12 mile skate. 167 is the limit at that age but I wanted to see what would happen..nothing....I damn near passed out when I finished and my muscles were killing me as I went anaerobic but no problem...with a loud heart murmur pounding so loud I could hear it. Kinda like a loud muffler on a bike.....

I noticed my hands started getting white spots on them in 2009 and I was diagnosed with vitiligo...that Michael Jackson disease where your autoimmune system destroys the mellenin in your skin making you white as a ghost. So the backs of my hands are white now.
Fast forward to the beginning of 2010 and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get any improvement no matter how hard I tried or how long I worked out. Turned out I contracted Hepatitis C back around 1974 while in the military from a tattoo I got at Sailor Bill's in Leesville Louisiana. It was killing my liver and I had moderate cirrhosis already.
I had to take massive amounts of interferon to get rid of the Hep-C which further destroyed my liver and it was in cahoots with the autoimmune system and Hep-C to destroy my thyroid......I went to a DR on a referral yesterday and was told I have hypothyroid.
:zombie:
Well no freaking wonder I was a Zombie, too tired to race bikes or exercise or do just about anything but drag my butt to a desk job at work and back home to vegetate till sleepy time. The Dr said people with my test results usually go into a coma and find out about this in a hospital. She couldn't believe I walked into her office and drove there on a motorcycle. Normal TSH levels are about 3.5 to 4 and mine was over 500....that means zero function in the old thyroid...or in laymans terms, the body clock was asleep.

So I get to take some pills for the rest of my life that are supposed to make me feel like a real human being with normal energy. Ain't that special!.....no cure but a fix to the symptoms at least.

I didn't die and I don't have cancer so I'm not bitching. Just a reminder that we are all affected by stuff and you need to get it checked.
A yearly checkup is really essential and when you get older and need it done, find a hot chick Dr to do the prostate check, I did.....but get it done.;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Hethrir

i get to go in for a full physical today, first one in 10 years (at least). hurray for trying to join the fencing team at university!