Genuine Yamaha Tail Tidy

geko

In this weeks (26/05/2010) printed issue of MCN (Motorcycle News UK | Motorbikes | MCN) there is a four page advertising spread from Yamaha and it shows a photo of a 'License Plate Holder' - read tail tidy - for bikes including the XJ6.

It takes the original turn signals, and has LED number plate light and reflector - RRP £79.99.

I've dug round the Yamaha web site and Googled but can't find any reference to it, however from reading the MCN article it would suggest it will be available soon.

Pete

geko

Thanks,

I just ordered a pair of Evotech ones yesterday actually since they're available now and cheaper.

Just thought I'd give people a heads up on what Yamaha will be offering.

Regards

Pete

geko

Evotech tail tidy fitted

Evotech tail tidies arrived this morning so was able to get on and fit them.

Took a little over an hour to do both bikes.

This is a really good kit and includes everything you need. The reflector, turn signals and number plate are removed from the old tail and reused on the tail tidy.

I've taken some photo's here, afraid they're all taken in the garage since true to form for a UK bank holiday weekend it's p155ing down with rain :(

These tail tidies really improve the look of the rear end of the bike. Very pleased.

Pete

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

geko

Wonder if you could get a bigger license plate :justkidding:.....damn that thing is huge!
It is big, but in the UK now the plate has to have a specific font, spacing, size etc, anything else is illegal. Many bikes do have smaller plates and most of the time won't get pulled for it.

Of course if the police are looking for a reason to stop you a non-conforming plate gives it to them and they can be real picky when they want.

North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood" - | Motorcycle News | Bike News | Motorbike Videos | MCN

Pete

geko

Hey Geko, what tire hugger have you got installed on your bikes in the pictures?
It's the genuine Yamaha tyre hugger. Had that + colour coded belly pan, tank pad and roller protectors as part of the deal when I bought the bike.

2w05thletes

It's the genuine Yamaha tyre hugger. Had that + colour coded belly pan, tank pad and roller protectors as part of the deal when I bought the bike.
Where, do tell, good sir, did you get this? The dealer I guess. I couldn't find one online. Have any ideas?

geko

Where, do tell, good sir, did you get this? The dealer I guess. I couldn't find one online. Have any ideas?
I'm in the United Kingdom, so these were Yamaha accessories that you can buy from dealers here.

In actual fact, the dealer had three bikes in the show room, red, blue and graphite, they already had everything on them except for the roller protectors.